MPG's

Oatz

Since picking up my R (which has 22k on the clock) I have been averaging roughly around 23mpgs driving in the countryside, does this sound normal(ish), haven't been ragging it everywhere, only a bit of both

Also, does the engine loosen up/feel faster after a certain amount of miles?

Cheers in advance to all my randomness 169144-ok.gif169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

it really depends what fuel you are using i would say average driving would be between 23-26 mpg.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds about right then, I am running Optimax only, would you recommend using this or should I be using some other brand? PS my car is bog standard

Optimax or Tesco 99 in the R32, although I only run Optimax. This is because the minimum recommended octane rating for the R32 is 98 - super unleaded from most manufacturers is 97 octane.

I ran two tankfuls of Tesco 99 and, although it ran OK, it ran better when I went back to Optimax.

Average mpg on the long term trip computer reading is 23.6 on mine - fairly consistently for the last 6 months. You can get 31+ mpg if you stick strictly to 80 mph on motorways, and could probably stretch 35+ if you stuck to 60 mph...

Tried quite a few other brands when I first got my R but have been addicted to Optimax for last couple of months. Car seems to respond better to right foot although this could be my imagination. Average mpg is low 20's. In reply yo Pincher try this!!!!!

post-11360-137914332263_thumb.jpg

The pleasure will be the drive up.

The business is fitting a certain little brothers kitchen because he can't crazy.gif.

Since I am 85% into the Loft conversion thing and have plenty to do here at home, it's a up Wednesday, back Monday job. Fancy a pint (lemonade not Maclums!) and a jaunt out on Sunday? 169144-ok.gif

PM your mobile and I'll phone when local beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Will do 1200 miles in the next 5 days, anyone want to lend me a fuel card?

Since 2 x journey will be London Edinburgh, I hope to get a bit better than the normal 20.4 Urban and SE (ok urban and urban driving)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Chris,

just out of interest and as I'm new to R32 world and this forum just wondered whether there are ever any London meets?

Ta! 169144-ok.gif