F40

Preshan

Sorry, didn't know you existed. Thinking about it, I'd probably have to agree about the Mclaren F1. But Somehow, their is something special about the F40 even though the F1 is just mega awesome.

There is just something cool about a stripped down Ferrari with Turbo lag.

Never been a massive fan of Ferraris no idea why. The F40 was a poor car when you look back at it IMO. It was very badly built and was created to take money of the yuppie of those days. Its raw because the couldn't be arse to put in sound deadening or anything similar. It was luck that it came out to be a good car rather than by design.

For me the noise of the McF1 alone would make it top of the list. The fact that it must be one of the best made most technological cars even made and it looks stunning mean for me.. notworthy.gif Even with the Veryon breathing down its neck its still number 1. 169144-ok.gif

• 1 month later...

[ QUOTE ]

For me the noise of the McF1 alone would make it top of the list. The fact that it must be one of the best made most technological cars even made and it looks stunning mean for me.. notworthy.gif Even with the Veryon breathing down its neck its still number 1. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif The only breathing down the neck the Veyron would have to do would be to giggle at the F1 as is hammers its way past and vanishes into the distance tongue.gif

Its still just a very fast bug with a 2 tone arse at the end of the day. I don't think it even comes in to the same category of cars as the F1 and the enzo really. Ok it has a very high top speed but cars i would compare it with would be the SLR, 612, CL65 and possibly the fourth coming 599. Its more luxury cruiser than race car.

Not a fan of the Veyron tbh. It was built from the start purely to get the best figures on a sheet of paper for top speed, acceleration and what not. The F1 however was built as the best car in the world and looked good, went fast and for a supercar was vaguely practical! I have to say that IMO the F1 is still the grandaddy of supercars and the best in the world!

[ QUOTE ]

Not a fan of the Veyron tbh. It was built from the start purely to get the best figures on a sheet of paper for top speed, acceleration and what not. The F1 however was built as the best car in the world and looked good, went fast and for a supercar was vaguely practical! I have to say that IMO the F1 is still the grandaddy of supercars and the best in the world!

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for getting in and out! wink.gif

But he doesn't half go on. He doesnt seem to be able to review a super car without comparing it to his 12 year old master piece! Gordon you cant buy the Macca anymore, and even though it was a fantastic concept both then and now, it has been surpassed in many areas by newer cars.

You're absolutely right Woppum. This is a bit of a bugbear of mine, you cannot read anything Gordon Murray writes without reading about the bloody F1. FFS the car is more than capable of doing its own talking, why's he still prattling on about it the whole time?

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...