Silverstone F1 testing

lottiefox

Had a cracking day out today at Silverstone at the F1 testing - all courtesy of the stealers. 169144-ok.gif

A few observations on F1 testing

1. Its very very very very loud

2. You don't know who is doing well and who isn't

3. Pit lane walkabout is a farce

4. There are a lot of very large and extremely clean blinged lorries in the Paddock. Exceptionally shiny. grin.gif

5. The car parks have more interesting cars in them than the track at times. cool.gif

6. Don't drink wine at lunchtime if you want to take up the offer of driving the A8 or RS4 back to the dealers. smashfreakB.gif

Few pics to illustrate......

791844-DSCN0266%28Small%29.JPG

Quick. Noisy.

791844-DSCN0267%28Small%29.JPG

Amazing vanishing cars in pits

791844-DSCN0276%28Small%29.JPG

791844-DSCN0249%28Small%29.JPG

Want want want want

How did this get into the Paddock???? shocked.gif

791844-DSCN0275%28Small%29.JPG

post-9234-137914355674_thumb.jpg

I'm green with envy Lottie smile.gif The paddock is sadly in it's own little world these days, and anyone who is outside it should be ignored, unless they are willing to spend money to place a logo on the car.

Pisses me right off, without the fans these guys wouldn't be able to go racing as sponsors wouldn't be attracted. mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Mclaren even jack the trucks up on arrival, to align all the tyre logos, before setting them back down.

[/ QUOTE ]

They had all their numberplates blanked out too so they looked exactly the same. shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My brother was an F1 journo (before he got tired of the politics). The whole of Mclaren is like that. Ron Dennis must have severe OCD.

Correct Neil, the tiles were some very expensive ceramic specialties (£25000 a garage if my memory is correct). Other teams found it very amusing, because the tiles were not removable, so when the teams returned the next year they were still there. Mclaren were slipping down the constructors table at this point, and I believe in 1996, Jordan had the benefit of Mclarens tiling from the previous year, due to them overtaking Mclaren.

I was there today too! In the peasant bit though... Walked all the way round the track.... Never been to F1 before awesome noise is all I can say!

Probably saw you swaning about in the Audi suite Jon - I was one of those people in the grandstand bang opposite the 'balcony' bit!!!!!!

Chaz

I went down this time last year and managed to sneak into the pits on McLaren hospitality. The precision of everything McLaren is unbelievable! The noise of the F1 cars is superb and sitting by the entrance watching all the spectators' cars driving past is great fun!

I also managed to spot Coulthard having his morning cuppa and grab a quick word with Jenson Button! Great day and I was gutted when I couldn't make it this year 169144-ok.gif