S4 part ex

rjgreen4

If I was to part ex the S4 CAB for an RS4, what should I be looking at value wise;

S4 CAB, brilliant red - 12k miles, manual

Options;

Black nappa leather

Dvd Sat nav +

Bose

Heated Seats

GSM phone kit

Parking sensors

Wind deflector

Will get an arm rest fitted next week.

Cheers

[ QUOTE ]

If I was to part ex the S4 CAB for an RS4, what should I be looking at value wise;

S4 CAB, brilliant red - 12k miles, manual

Options;

Black nappa leather

Dvd Sat nav +

Bose

Heated Seats

GSM phone kit

Parking sensors

Wind deflector

Will get an arm rest fitted next week.

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think your deserving of a RS4 the way you drive wink.gif Maybe you should look at a soot chucker instead wink.gif Either way you are probably better off with a private sale imo and experience.

Keep the cab, add a full system Milltek, have a remap done and better brakes and you have a comparable car but £15K in your pocket. 169144-ok.gif

I'll still maintain I'm not convinced the RS4 from an S4 owners point of view is worth the extra money, especially if you have a modified S4.

Mmmm, supercharger, more ponies and torques than an RS4 and £7K in your pocket! sekret.gifZZZ.gif

UBM, the RS4 is a nice car and it has taken me two test drives to discount it, the reasons being;

i/ Having big heavy bones the RS4 Recaro's don't fit as snuggly as my S4 ones

ii/ The RS4 Recaro's are bigger than the S4 ones so if A/S4 drivers think thay have poor rear leg room now, ther ain't any in the RS4 irrespective of what Audi say in that the seat are the same dimensions

iii/ Wot no alloy spare wheel?

iv/ It doesn't sound any better IMO than my full s/s exhaust system or perhaps even a Milltek

v/ I can live without a starter button

vi / Wot no alloy spare wheel?

RJ, if you haven't already test drive one, the come to an NE meet and have a drive in mine and then see if you think there is £15K of difference. I don't but you might. If it's an RS4 cab you are thinking of getting, make that £20K

I've come to the conclusion that I will seriously consider an RS4 - but - probably not new, as it just doesn't feel like £55K's worth. The main reason I think it's better than the S4 is handling - the rear biased Quattro made a very noticeable difference & it just didn't feel front end heavy like my S4 does. The sound on the Sport setting is louder than my (cat back) Millteks. I totally agree about the bucket seats, I'd have the normal Recaro's every time. It's going to be interesting to see what effect depreciation has on the saloon with there being Avant and Cab versions this time.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

If it's an RS4 cab you are thinking of getting, make that £20K

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you make £20k?

A fully speced up S4 cab is over £45k - the RS is £60k. Still works out at £15k to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but you will get £4k off any S4 and zippo off an RS4.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

If it's an RS4 cab you are thinking of getting, make that £20K

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you make £20k?

A fully speced up S4 cab is over £45k - the RS is £60k. Still works out at £15k to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought standard equipment on the B7 RS4 is similar to the S4, so a properly specced RS4 cab is £65K?

Here's what I've ordered.

Phantom Black with black interior and black hood.

Cabriolet Sports seats - Silk Nappa leather, black with silver piping.

Matt Aluminium inlay

TV reception

Adaptive headlights

Auto-dimming rear view mirror, with light and rain sensors

Door-mirrors – auto-dimming and folding

Works out to be about £61k.