Porsche 997 turbo Pics

Woppum

There a whole range of pics here which you may not have already seen. I have to say in my humble opinion they have done a better job look wise with this car than the GT3. I was never keen on the boost in the old 996 and always thought id prefer the n/a versions, however ive heard they have much revised the boost problem and lag for the 997. This could be one fantastic car!

1026.jpg

That looks absolutly stunning, but i'm not sure it is worth £25,000 more than a GT3..

it has turbo's, that means it will have lag however much they have tried to improve it.. i would love a turbo, but i still think the n/a versions are the "driver's who know" choice.

Completly agree. Its worth a drive in one though, as my guess is, it will be far more comfortable and not as much fun. I remmber the old 996tt felt like a boat after bieng in the 430. However i have high hopes for this new one. You could look at the new GT3 too 169144-ok.gif

I have all these ideas popping into my head now.

I like the Gallardo Spyder, but i'm generally not a Spyder man. Plus is it worth the change over the coupe.

I like the F430, but the whole 360 look doesn't thrill me as much as it used to. Being 8 years old I guess thats to be expected even of the best designs.

The 997TT is really appealing as I could probably use it 90% of the time, as opposed to the 35-50%.

Then theres stuff like the CGT, LP640. But we're talking about even less useable cars. And thats something i'm sure would annoy me more then the rewards when you do use them.

And finally I step out of the door and see the Gallardo. And I think it still looks great, so why bother.

I can feel it coming though..... smile.gif

Forgot to mention DB9. Which seemed like a good compromise. But have been scared of that by certain people.

The 430 is a fantastic piece of kit and if you haven’t tried it I would defo have a go. I haven’t tried the Gallardo but most the reports I have read say it’s faster and more fun. It is debatable whether it is more useable though and I think that’s what you’re leaning towards.

The CGT is supposed to be fantastic. A friend of my brothers swapped his enzo for one and much prefurs it. He actually said it is more usable which I can’t quite understand due to the magnesium clutch and the awful ground clearance. However it is one of the few cars that look fantastic as a convertible and hard top so I suppose that is a bonus.

The DB9 again I haven’t tried, but someone at work has the volante which he was looking forward to for ages, but when he came he said dynamically it was a big disappointment and wishes he got the 430.

The Gallardo spyder I have been told is not as fun as the 430 again by Romans. They have one in stock now which is up for £180k, but they actually advised mum to keep the 430... Wow! However if you wanted to pay list and wait I was told by Lambo London it would only take 6mnths to come through (compared with a still 2yr waiting list for the 430, however you can buy them for only a small premium now).

The LP640 looks fantastic and am sure will go like stink. I think Audi have learnt a lot since the previous merci and the Gallardo and I feel this one will be an absolute stonker and a more hardcore package than the 599. I would seriously look at this, could this be a new fave car? However I wouldn’t be surprised hen you have ticked some nice options that this case would come out at 200k plus... With there ceramic brakes and carbon tub it can’t be cheap and certainly more than the old merci.

Ferrari 599. Well I don’t know if you read the Sunday Times review yesterday. They said it was very fast and comfortable but a bit dull compared to the other fezzas. Still I think this will be a very good car and be fairly understated like the 612, which might be a bonus for you as you like the turbo.

Any way they are my 2 cents. Have a bit of fun. You are playing with the big boys and you can’t go far wrong with any of thee machines. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

UHOH7.GIF

Back in the real world meanwhile.... yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the 996's are looking a very attractive proposition now.

IMO they still look very modern in terms of styling, etc. Although for the enthusiast the 993 is great, it did look dated when the 996 was released. Can't really say the same about the 996.