Service Departments and the inablility to call you

DHA

Why despite which manufacturer you buy your car from do the service departments never call you back. They are always on the other line when you call and will call you back.

Phoned Porsche Guildford on Wednesday, still awaiting the phone call. Will try them tomorrow and explain how long I have been waiting.

I have to admit that Chester Audi are the only dealers who's after-sales service impresses me!

I think it's mainly due to the customer service manageress.

Can't remember her name, but she's the jolliest person ever... and actually seems to care. crazy.gif

..there's a first eh! grin.gif169144-ok.gif

Call Porsche UK and tell them you think that Reading have shut down....see what their reaction is!

I want to get my car in for the third visit to fix the sqeauk that sounds like two teenagers going for it on a saggy old matress every time I go over a slight bump in the road. Tubi does mask the sound somewhat but still fecking annoying considering they have already had two goes at fixing the thing!

[ QUOTE ]

Why despite which manufacturer you buy your car from do the service departments never call you back. They are always on the other line when you call and will call you back.

Phoned Porsche Guildford on Wednesday, still awaiting the phone call. Will try them tomorrow and explain how long I have been waiting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Service/Sales/Parts....... my dealer always calls me back..... grin.gif169144-ok.gif

today....popped in unannounced for them to check my wobbly knob........looked at, new one ordered (third one!! smashfreakB.gif) and coffee made and jolly conversation a plenty in the meantime. ECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

my dealer always calls me back..... grin.gif169144-ok.gif

today....popped in unannounced to check shorty's wobbly knob........looked at, new one ordered (third one!! smashfreakB.gif) and coffee made and jolly conversation a plenty in the meantime. ECLIPSe.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif

Bizarrely, Aston Green Audi in Slough were always really good for me, picking up the phone quickly and calling back when they said they would.

So maybe it's a little harsh to use the word "bizarrely", but I've heard of plenty of other people having problems with them.

I think ultimately it just boils down to people. No matter who the manufacturer, how illustrious their image or how lofty their reputation, the fact remains that their service departments (or whatever) often seem to be staffed by apathetic individuals who simply turn up every day and do the barest minimum they can get away with. I have to confront such people every working day - the "computer says no" stereotype alive and well and rife everywhere. Sure - conscientious, thorough and dedicated people do exist, but sadly they seem to be in the minority these days and if, just if, the planets happen to line up and you <u>do</u> find yourself genuinely getting the best possible service, count your blessings and hang on to that business card for dear life!

Also, when you complain to a manufacturer about a poor dealer they say "Nothing to do with us, they are independants" but at the same time they give the dealer instructions on price fixing etc...as if they owned the dealerships. Hypocrisy ?

[ QUOTE ]

Also, when you complain to a manufacturer about a poor dealer they say "Nothing to do with us, they are independants" but at the same time they give the dealer instructions on price fixing etc...as if they owned the dealerships. Hypocrisy ?

[/ QUOTE ]

You would expect them to show some interest in the behaviour of places who effectively operate under the manufacturers reputation.

I don't think many customers differentiate between the dealer and the manufacturer. When they are confornted with 101 manufacturer Logo's everywhere they turn. And when they are redirected directly to the dealer from the manufacturers website.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be worse. BMW Heathrow can never remember who I am.

I'll give them my Reg, and they'll say oh we don't have that on our system. This happeneds 4 out of 5 times. And sometimes when I've just phoned the week before to arrange a repair/service/part order.

On one occaision I spent the whole summer without aircon. Because they first ordered the wrong part. Then forgot about me twice. I'd phone them up after a month or so of waiting patiently. And they'd have no recolection of any part order.

Said it before, say it again...

I can't fault Victoria BMW in North Tyneside. Service is outstanding, their willingness to go the extra mile makes all the difference and 9 times out of 10 if I go in with a problem they'll come straight out and look at it there and then - and most times take the car straight in.

I can't actually remember the last time I booked a car in there for anything. They just do whatever is needed when I call in.

Last time I went in I was asked if 'do you want another play with an M5 for an hour?'. All because they had one on the forecourt and whilst it's a sales pitch it does make the difference. I didn't, as it happened.

That said, I don't think there is anyone there that doesn't say 'Hi Chris' when I turn up now. They make an effort to know you, but perhaps it's an indication that I changed my car a tad too often in the past!

Incidentally - the 6 series has now broken a record...I've had it just over 9 months...the longest of any car I've had in 5 years!!!!

My local Porsche stealer calls back for general service stuff, but they always fail in one area. When they have to order a part in, the parts guys don't seem to tell the service guys to organise a booking. So I call to ask if the parts have arrived, then service go and check and are suprised the part's are in. Just crap internal comms. Other than that, they are pretty good and always remember me by name and make me feel welcome, even though I'm a first time customer of less than 12 months and bought a lowly bottom rung Boxster.

[ QUOTE ]

Bizarrely, Aston Green Audi in Slough were always really good for me, picking up the phone quickly and calling back when they said they would.

So maybe it's a little harsh to use the word "bizarrely", but I've heard of plenty of other people having problems with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not too bad with me either, get the calls far more often than not and they always call when the car is ready... even though I always tell them 4.30 ish -- on one occasion it was before lunch time

I've just also been pleased to get a call from Listers Bodyshop to replace my front grille - when they said they would call. Not so happy with ten quid hire charge and organise your own insurance to have a car for the day. Think I'll get the bus home. bike.thumb.gif

crazy.gif rang Porsche Reading this morning - not shocked to hear nobody could speak to me - promised another call back...

grin.gif they did call back - with the news that after 4+ weeks of waiting, the part for my seat will take a further 4-6 weeks to arrive Flush.gif

crazy.gif I've also got 3 outstanding recalls - hose, silver fins and something else - apparently nothing important enough to need to be done before the seat?

They always call back if you have one of their loaners!!! however usually its at about 5:45 asking where it is etc.

I always say, well no one called me back...... so they get it back the next day and the car stays overnight at the dealer which is reported (if not by them, then by me) to HQ and goes on the vehicles record and they have to explain why this happened.