Window Tints

UBM

The law will allow anything on the rears!

"Thank you for your enquiry.The cost of tinting the windows on your vehicle would be £x total as vat is not chargeable.No film will be applied to the windscreen and there is a legal requirement on the driver and passenger door windows which should be kept to but this is your choice.There are no legal requirements for any windows from the front doors back so these can be as dark or as light as you wish.All work carried out by us carries a lifetime guarantee.With the film applied you will be cutting out 98% of uv rays protecting the vehicles interior and making travelling more comfortable for you and your passengers.Although having the film applied will not stop the glass from breaking it will stop the windows shattering and make it more difficult for would be car thieves."

I'd go for 50% on the rears as it's a black car, any darker and it'll look like a van. I've just had my Astra done with 50% at the back and a light smoke (33%) at the front. I know the law states you can't touch the front but as long as you don't take the pi$$ you'll be ok.

I saw a cab with dark tints the other day, looked ok but I can't help but think that the film will catch at the top of the window after the roof has been dropped a few times. I expect a half inch gap at the top of the window would get around the problem but it would look naff, especially roof off and windows up, sort of defeats the point of not being seen in the car smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'd go for 50% on the rears as it's a black car, any darker and it'll look like a van. I've just had my Astra done with 50% at the back and a light smoke (33%) at the front. I know the law states you can't touch the front but as long as you don't take the pi$$ you'll be ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Dean, any chance of posting updated pics of the VXR with tints? How are you liking the car??? grin.gif169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The law will allow anything on the rears!

[/ QUOTE ]

Then pull out the glass and put sheets of black, or better still chrome, metal in. grin.gif

I have no idea what % mine are. They're factory fit and I don't remember seeing anything in the spec about it.

[ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, anyone any good with Photoshop??

Just wondering what a cab would look like with a fairly light tint, say as dark as you can go on front windows, but the same all round confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Diplomatic Chav says:

Trouble is you'll look silly when the roof is down.

Tints only look cool when the roof is up. 169144-ok.gif

Not-so-diplomatic Chav says:

Smitten, what the hell are you thinking!! - Behave!

smashfreakB.gif

Personally I wouldn't have tints on a cabriolet, especially on an A4 because it's too much of a contrast to the silver window trim.

The black S4 cab in the picture looks OK but only because the tints are all one shade, if you have the front windows that dark in this country you're asking for trouble

UBM - saw a black avant s-line at my dealers recently with heavy tints on back windows getting slightly lighter on the rear doors. I thought it looked the nuts although normally think tinting looks pretty naff. I'm collecting a loan car tomorrow from them and I'll ask if they can recall what % they were.

I know what Audi Smitten means, and I think you are right to have the same tint all round or it could look like a van or a hearse.

UBM, it will look really cool even with a light tint as anything darker will look good. From the pictures it looks like the headlining is light and not black. I have black headlining and with the rear cargo net up to the roof in the back the car looks really dark inside and looks lie the windows are more tinited than they really are. Also I always have the side blinds up all the time to make the car even darker looking. Those side blinds are the best value in the world at £80!!!

169144-ok.gif