Not long to go now ...

clipstone

In around 5 hours I will be picking up the new motor - heard from the stealer to confirm everything is ok so can't wait jump.gif

Must admit I am struggling to concentrate at work - just want to go and pick it up, espec given the weather - looks like it will be a roof-down cruise home!

Winner cool.gifcool.gif

Got the new cab brochure (which is well posh compared to the B6 brochure), and had a good look at one on Monday at the dealers. Sooo tempting, they have a 3.0TDi quattro B7 second hand for sale. But I've decided to spend some money on my B6 to some how ease the temptation.

The dealers have got a B6 cab next to a B7 cab in the showroom and I have to say I'm still unsure about the B7 front looking at them side by side. But the engines and all the other tweeks are enough to ignore that I think.

Then while I was waiting I was reading an article on the new TT which I really, really like so I may hold out and see what the new roadster looks like. TT finally has an interior I could live with.

Are you counting down in days yet SCM grin.gif

Oh yes 169144-ok.gif, Daz said that they had brought forward his RS cab build week so I am hoping they may do the same with mine as well, it is currently being built in the third week of June. Just hoping that I don't have any other expense with my current cab in the mean time though smirk.gif

New TT looks great , however I would imagine the delivery time will be a few months from order, unless your name is Lottie and then you will be guaranteed a new TT on the day the car is launched in the UK grin.gif, theres alot to be said for building a good relationship with your dealer beerchug.gif

Fantastic jump.gif

Hand over went sweet - the stealer had managed to keep the car in good nick with no free scratches thrown in, and cruised round roof down last night for a good few hours!

This morning on its first proper run averaged about 45mpg up the M6, so I am hoping to see around 50 once the engine loosens off a bit.

Only thing I don't quite like is it seems to struggle a bit before the turbo comes in - some definate lag going on - might consider a remap if this does not smooth itself out, but will give it a few months first.

Pity the nice weather has turned to storms just for the weekend mad.gif

That's good to hear Clipstone, nice to hear someone have a smooth collection with no probs, pleased for ya m8.

Don't worry about the lag, sure even if it is noticeable your driving will adapt around it.

Don't forget the golden rule of cab ownership (unless your names CabGirl sekret.gif)

If it isn't raining - roof down ECLIPSe.gif

Enjoy it 169144-ok.gif

Try and get some pics up over the weekend - as for the golden rule of cab ownership, I think the bug has already bitten - the thunderstorm we had earlier has passed, and I have been scanning the horizon to see if I can get away with the roof down for the drive home!

[ QUOTE ]

On the auto cabs I thought you couldn't lower the roof unless it was in Park ?, I guess they have removed this restriction on the B7 cab ?

[/ QUOTE ]

No you can raise or lower the roof whilst in D, S or tip-mode on both the B6 and B7,

... but B7 has a higher speed limit for it ++

[ QUOTE ]

The roof opens and closes at up to 20mph 169144-ok.gif

A very cool feature cool.gif but holding the button down/up whilst driving is a little awkward grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Same on the 6, but it's fecking useless.

See, 20mph is neither use nor ornament. It's enough to get you off the mark if you're caught with the hood half way down, yes.

However, you can't really drive at 20mph without getting some twat flashing their lights or sounding their horn because you're going too slow.

I've used it pulling up at a junction when I can see a queue of cars etc - but I still think it needs to be like a Porsche 911 where it can be operated at up to 32mph. 169144-ok.gif