Special edition GTI to be released....

v6tas

[ QUOTE ]

Have a look in the GTI section

Been talked about alot.

Most resent thread is

LINK

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest i dont go on the GTI site as i havent got one but thought it might be relevent on here as the R36 was talked about as the 30th Anniversay car (maybe) but looks like that is now not the case which is a shame frown.gif

[quoteas the R36 was talked about as the 30th Anniversay car (maybe)

[/ QUOTE ]

I never understood that thinking myself. Why would VW bring a R36 out to celebrate the GTI it made as much sence as them bringing a GL special out to do it.

Now if it was the anniversary of the R32/Golf VR6 then maybe or the anniversary of the Golf itself then maybe, But 30 years of GTI made no sence they would bring a special R36 out to celebrate it to me. sekret.gif

yea i have read the Vortex stuff.

Its funny how people forget how the mk5 was suppose to go back to the GTI routes NOT follow the mk4 25anni car.

In otherwords there was very little difference between the Secial edition Campaign Mk1 and the standard mk1 GTI (leather wheel, sunroof, different door lock buttons, foglights replace spots, 14" wheels replace standard 13s ) VW have sort of followed that tradition with this mk5.

Very few differences.

It does seem to have upset a few.

I don't mind it and think it was a good idea by VW to do this slight differences.