recaro seats anyone?

Maxyboy

just got hold of my 3dr r32 with recaro's....which is good....but....to allow access into the back do i have to lift the handle in the lug AND the handle that allows the seat to slide back and forth....the reason i find this strange is because if i do this i have to reset my seat position again....i am sure i must be doing something wrong smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

just got hold of my 3dr r32 with recaro's....which is good....but....to allow access into the back do i have to lift the handle in the lug AND the handle that allows the seat to slide back and forth....the reason i find this strange is because if i do this i have to reset my seat position again....i am sure i must be doing something wrong smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope they all do that and its a complete pain in the ass..

Not that I've got recaros that is... but a guy at work has one of those end of line CTR's with recaros and his is exactly the same...

[ QUOTE ]

Anyways, how you finfing it mate.

[/ QUOTE ]its nice....doesnt feel as racy as the rx8....although 6th gear now does when 4th would have been required before....love the colour...dbp...love the sound of it....think the interior quality is down from my old mk4....seats could prove a real pain in the arse on the rare occasion someone is in the back...tempted to tint the windows...only very lightly...anyone recommend a good grade of tint?....overall a happy chappy i think.... 169144-ok.gif

I'm having some UHOH7.GIFdoubts about my recaros on order. Wasn't really that impressed with the standard seats in the Mark V demonstrator, didn't feel nearly as hugging as the Mark IV seats, so on that basis I went for the leather recaros in the new car. Since then I've foud out that they have glossy backs that won't make it out of the factory unscratched, they've delayed my new car build by months, they are a pain to shift for back-seat access - and now someone is talking about loose trim??? Someone out there who has already got them, please tell me I've not thrown away all that £'s on a chocolate teapot?!?!

I think these are a peace of art

recaro_r32.jpg

As with most things VW they seem to have trouble getting it 100% right.

With the GTI it (rear bumper) should have been colour coded

With the Mk4 R32 spot lamps would have been nice

With the the seats, an upholster back (even in vinyl)would save the scratches and chips that ruin the finish.

Here's a moment of genius (well I think it is) grin.gif.

Why not get some of the anti scratch / stone chip film fitted to the seat rears. If it's good enough to stop 120mph stone chips, they it should hold out against the odd rear passenger clumping it.

The film is very discrete and it could be worth investing £50 on some.

3m scratch resistant film

Since the panel is smooth, I'd hunt down a supplier and go DIY and save some money. Wholesale cost of 1.5m sq ( 2 x 750mm) which is more than enough would be £15.

Finding a supplier to sell product will be the challenge. US sites sell it in 40m rolls frown.gif

Good luck, if you decide to fit the film 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'm having some UHOH7.GIFdoubts about my recaros on order. Wasn't really that impressed with the standard seats in the Mark V demonstrator, didn't feel nearly as hugging as the Mark IV seats, so on that basis I went for the leather recaros in the new car. Since then I've foud out that they have glossy backs that won't make it out of the factory unscratched, they've delayed my new car build by months, they are a pain to shift for back-seat access - and now someone is talking about loose trim??? Someone out there who has already got them, please tell me I've not thrown away all that £'s on a chocolate teapot?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]really dont think they are a lemon.....dont think the seat backs will cause a problem at all....i honestly quite like the gloss finish....makes the seaat look that bit more sporty.....however....i do seam to have a creak coming from the back of my drivers seat.....any suggestions anyone?...........and they are a pain for access to the back...but there is no chance what so ever that i would swap them.......

I have issues withthe seat trim on the front of the seat comeing adrift on both my front seats it has been replaced twice but still come adrift again.

I had a look at a brand new GTI which was fitted with recaros and guess what drivers seat had come adrift in the same way as mine anyone else having the same problem?

[ QUOTE ]

I have issues withthe seat trim on the front of the seat comeing adrift on both my front seats it has been replaced twice but still come adrift again.

I had a look at a brand new GTI which was fitted with recaros and guess what drivers seat had come adrift in the same way as mine anyone else having the same problem?

[/ QUOTE ]only had the car a few days but no probs with the aeats apart from crawling to get out of them and a sqeak fromm the back of them beerchug.gif

• 2 weeks later...