[Audi A3/S3] New S3 WILL be 265 Bhp and £26,995

AZURES3

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Had an 's3 special' for 12 months and managed to make it fall apart as 'all german cars' do according to some people. FIREdevil.gif So if anyone wants it to fit into a saxo or corsa, give me a shout yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet there is a Saxo or Corso out there somewhere with an S3 engine installed. tongue.gif

AZ

Right back on subject..

I have lost touch on this subject after grilling a dealer about 5 months ago. Back then he said he had been to Germany and seen the S3. He also said no DSG from launch and 3 door only. He stated 245bhp if i remember correctly. This figure would be similar to the Leon Cupra (which i saw today at Excel). I hope i have missed some news of powerer outputs and you can all correct me but this makes sense because it doesnt out gun the 3.2TT. The lighter S3 with circa 240bhp should still out gun an R32.

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

We'll all know in early August, apparently. I have been told nothing has been officially announced to Audi Dealers yet. As soon as they know, we will 169144-ok.gif

And that IS straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you could be right Mollox, Autocar say pics and info will be available this Wednesday. beerchug.gif

Let the criticism commence! ROLLEY~14.GIF

After driving a 06 plate DSG 3.2 this week which belonged to a colleague at work, I'm quite optimistic about the new S3. Reason being that the 3.2 DSG was a nice car but in no way is it anywhere near being a S car - to be fair it wasnt a S line model and I think they have a much more sporty interior, but in standard trim it couldnt compete in terms of interior and looks IMO, so if audi do make a proper S car then it has a lot of scope to be a decent car.

Performance wise the 3.2 felt quite quick, engine noise very subdued in comparison to a R32, but obviously miles better than the 1.8. Brakes were like most new audis - very grabby - I'm used to the Porsche brakes which are fairly progressive.

Dunc