Any Golf facelift news?

Snoopy

Mk6 is alleged to be hitting the UK at the end of the first quarter of next year, although DaddyDub will be along shortly to confirm this.

So your Mk5 will be "out of date" within 6 months, if that worries you. But you won't get a VW dealer to confirm this, because they don't want to kill their existing sales before the new model comes out.

[ QUOTE ]

Does not bother me as I'm already waiting for my R36 Scirocco !! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cross my palm with vast amounts of silver, and you can have our Mk2 Scirocco Scala that we used for the Scumball. You'll need to modify the front end a bit to get the 3.6 litre engine in... tongue.gif

Never ragged around the Nurburgring. Honest... ROLLEY~14.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

Cross my palm with vast amounts of silver, and you can have our Mk2 Scirocco Scala that we used for the Scumball. You'll need to modify the front end a bit to get the 3.6 litre engine in... tongue.gif

Never ragged around the Nurburgring. Honest... ROLLEY~14.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one, could make my weekend...."I bought you a new car darling" !!! yelrotflmao.gif

Not sure about the mk3 and mk4 but the mk1 and mk2 were facelifted. Mk1 had a huge facelift in about 1980 also known as the series 2 cars, (new interior, new plastic bumpers, new larger rear lights etc etc) The mk2 had a few changes in its life, front door quarterlights removed, Right hand drive wipers, big bumpers in the case of the GTI, Interior changes, etc. Car makers normally now facelift after about 2-3 years and have much shorter model lifespans of 5-6 years. Unlike back in the 70-90s. A prime example is the Polo if you look at how that has regular had facelifts and model changes in recent years.

[ QUOTE ]

Right, Ive been asking about and digging for the answer on this and cant find a definitive date for either the MK5 Face lift nor the MK6. Im still working on it so as soon as I know, it will be on here straight away.

DD

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. 169144-ok.gif

169144-ok.gifbeerchug.gifbeerchug.gifbowdown.gifcoffee.gifsekret.gif

• 1 month later...