TSN Northeast/Scotland - POST MEGA-MEET THREAD

NewNiceMrMe

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm back after having to dodge away early at 4PM.

What a great day 169144-ok.gif

Weather superb, location superb, loads of new faces and everyone made a huge effort not just with their cars but in getting there. Damon, Shark, Garcon had some of the longest journeys I think - I've done 170 mile door to door and I was only 70 mile away from the venue.

Big thanks to MrMe for organising it all; the venue and food were top class 169144-ok.gif

Some of the driving was fun but no doubt that'll all come out in wash later. Quattro rocks cool.gif

I'll try and upload all my pics later but here are a couple:

879983-Group1.jpg

post-7321-137914368202_thumb.jpg

10 minutes in the door now after another 'spirited' drive down the A1 and a few hairy moments watching R32 Geordie in front of me.

Another great meet, good to see so many people this time, great weather and a great big thank you to Chris as ring master.

Before I sort the mass of pictures out.....

A huge thank you to everyone who came and made the day superb.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and have a rather red face from the excellent weather we were blessed with.

Good to see a number of new faces too, and thanks to those that travelled a good distance to come to this meet.

Fingers crossed we can do it again next year!

A few highlights:

- NiGhT and his unexpected air requirement....

- The 4 x R32's!

- The Clio Pair - fantastic!

- The generally great mix of all types of cars!

- The hospitality and arrangements from Paxton House - we even had our own signs!

- The fact we were having such a good time we forgot to go for our coffees!

- The strawberries and home made ice cream, yum yum!

- Stickers! £3 each wasn't it???

- The countryside jaunt afterwards....ermm, enough said!

- The Ice Cream Van at Holy Island, thanking us for bringing so many cars...!

- The 3-series Touring driver and his wife

- The scorching weather home!

Certainly something your familiar with UBM! wink.gifgrin.gif

Greta meet guys - really really enjoyed it.

Good food, good company, some brilliant cars and some very very good fun driving. grin.gifECLIPSe.gif

Had a wee scary sideways moment, and a good few lunges for the red line. Even followed TP27 and Geo home at a good 3 canter clip 169144-ok.gif

And Daz, don't take Chris's bait grin.gif - I'll get a cheque down to you soon - all stickers successfully sold 169144-ok.gif

Great day guys - I will get some pictures up soon!

Just got back after a little under 12 hours out the house. Totally knackered but really enjoyed the day, ended up peeling off from the drive to the ice cream van, as my Automatic Speed Limiting Device kept cutting in SAUER0421.GIF

Mulkbear - glad your brakes are ok mate!

MrMe - thanks for the fantastic organisation. I think I speak for us all when I say we all had a great day and if it wasn't for the hard work and effort you've put in over the last few weeks/months, it wouldn't have happened.

Great to see some old faces that I haven't seen for nearly a year blush.gif and nice to meet a few new ones 169144-ok.gif

Some stats for the day:

Distance travelled: 422.6 miles

Average MPG: 28.2

Driving time: 7h 41m

Average speed: 54mph

1 x Sausage McMuffin

1 x buffet

1 x Happy Meal

2 x argument; 1 serious

1 x top day!

I don't know what my Mrs is trying to tell me Milo, but the only two pictures I have that aren't of cars have you in them blush.gif