Lotue Elise...in my drive!

M8CKN

• 2 weeks later...

So Sam, do you prefer the pre May 2002 hood arrangement, or the post May 2002? Why was it introduced? tongue.gif

School boy error though on my part - the Toyota engined 111R was only launched in late 2003, sold in 2004, hence of course it has to be a May 2002 onwards.

Mose, there was only the sole standard model sold until the 135 in late '98 and VVC 111-S in 1999.

Ian

[ QUOTE ]

So Sam, do you prefer the pre May 2002 hood arrangement, or the post May 2002? Why was it introduced? tongue.gif

Slight error though - the Toyota engined 111R was only introduced in summer 2002, hence the above is obvious!

Mose, there was only the sole standard model sold until the 135 in late '98.

Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

Mate I was only playing. I dont have a clue about Lotus's. No harm intended. Still friends? 169144-ok.gif

No harm taken! Posted (and since edited for accuracy of the 111R launch year) in a humourour manner! grin.gif

Remains the best car I have ever driven. Will take something very special to beat it - probably another [quicker] Elise.

Ian

My brother in laws got the exact same model as that - same colour. The 190bhp Toyota engine will soon get you to it's top speed of 145 ish.

It's a nice car, drives great but his is only 12 months old and has only done 800 miles (what a waste!!). Still, when it only starts once a month (out of a possible 4 attempts) he doesnt have much choice. And that's assuming that it's not full of water or the headlights have steamed up!!

Still - i wouldnt say no to one!!