Bought another Audi!!

Nelson_R32

1983 Audi Coupe C with the old Quad headlamps. Finished in metallic blue, looks exactly the same as this bar the colour...

882002-coupe.jpg

Its been sitting for four months after a water pump failiure. But before that it had new shocks, new front pads and discs and was its VERY good condition for its age. The interior is immaculate! grin.gif The plan is to give it a bit of TLC again and use it as the Scumball car for next year, or maybe even sell it on. But I feel this could turn into a long obsession blush.gif

post-12508-137914368717_thumb.jpg

Its 23 years old and just has a 'classic' feel about it; its in extremely good condition for its age Scotty, it probably only needs about £150 maximum to get it back on the road (including 6 months tax). This is the basic car which started Quattro remember so I feel they could be worth more in a few years time (they currently only fetch £500-£900 depending on condition frown.gif )

As I said I probabaly won't keep it for long I just wanted to get it back on the road before it start detiorating smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Thats the car that first got me excited about Audis. Is it the 1.9 or the 2.1 5cyl?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here! My folks had two of these in the late eighties - a 'Y' reg blue one and then a 'C' reg silver one. Superb cars, but sadly they departed before I was old enough to drive. frown.gif

Nice one Nelson bowdown.gif - we need more classic Audis around here! 169144-ok.gif

Shes home!!! grin.gif

Just given her a quick rinse (literrally) to get the mould off it and I'm now just doing a couple of cosmetic bits before it goes in the Garage to leave the battery on charge overnight! 169144-ok.gif Paintwork is in amazing condition for a 25YO car.

Turns out the Water Pump is just a little noisy - started 1st time after a bit of coughing!! I'll probably leave it and give to the new one to the next owner as a spare smile.gif

No pictures though frown.gif My camera lead is round my best mates frown.gif