11 mpg from my A8

pras1011

Yeah you need to have diplomatic plates, i.e have the GB logo. But don't put a great big GB sign or a massive St. Georges Cross in your back window like chavs seem to do when over there in their Saxo's.

"We iz british innit, yo frogs aint got nuffink ont us. letz go n steele 5 botles ov cida. dat wood be propa gud"

I'm glad I'm not a chav.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, you have certainly taught me a lot in a short space of time. I shall let you know what I end up with, I think it will most likely be a 4.2 40v Auto, doubt it will be a sport unless one comes about very cheapily!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

No French police do suck, they give you on the spot fines for just having a GB number plate almost. Every other French car is wizzing past you but they only pull us Brits over..

[/ QUOTE ]

Used to go over to france on long golf weekends during the easter period. They'd be 8 of us in 4 cars, and we'd always try to burn down the A16 (i think) from the chunnel to Le Touquet. In my 5 series one year i ran the whole A-route from the 2 toll booths at 130 - 140mph racing my mate in his merc. I had smoke billowing from my front discs when we pulled up to pay the toll smile.gif One of the others got nicked by the plod because they were following us but not as fast, so got caught. I think Le Police were mighty p***ed off at not catch the 2 real speeders so extracted their revenge (and Euro's) from my mate 169144-ok.gif

It was fun at the time.

I guess the moral is, if you are going to speed, make sure you have one in your convoy that is the stooge/decoy smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'm shocked you can't get more than 20mph out of your A8, have you tried not using first gear all the time?

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, when in auto it moves up the gears all by itself smirk.gif

......O and I don't want to drive like a pussy and incase it makes a difference it's the S I have lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]

We've just done a run to Mansfield and back. A 300mle round trip. The DIS says an average of 29mpg/57mph. We've been trundling along at 80-100mph.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yours is a 4.2?

That's pretty good! If I could get 400 miles from a tank doing motorway jaunts I'll be happy. I'm trying to work out how much fuel a 4.2 will take on a 7,500 roadtrip. Cost is hard to calculate because different countries differ in price so much. Petrol in Minsk is 12p a litre.