Introduce your 1 series....

bazza_g

Still wish I'd chosen one instead of the A4 Avant.

The fun I could have had.

Sod it.

120d Sport - the definitive super-eco-small-hatch-go-kart-laugh-a-minute car in my opinion. 169144-ok.gif

Ok, so I wouldn't have fitted that bed in it that I took to the tip last week. But hey, I might have won the argument with my wife that it'd last at least another year. yelrotflmao.gif

At last, a 1 series forum on TSN 169144-ok.gif

Strictly speaking this is my wifes car, I pay for it and probably do as many miles in it as she does!

It’s a December 2005 130i M Sport in Le Mans Blue with black leather, sun protection glass, Professional Radio, front isofix and carpet mats. It is an ex demo, we bought it when it was 3 months old with 3,025 miles on the clock.

DE55.jpg

DE551707a.jpg

DE55s4.jpg

DE553.jpg

DE554.jpg

De551707b.jpg

1.gif

iamwithstupid.gif

ECLIPSe.gifjump.gif

• 2 months later...

You’d die if you saw what is currently in it’s place…. It’s some sort of Mazda imported Van with a lift up roof and an lpg sticker on the back. It’s a Mazda Bungee Jump (or something similar!), I’ll have to look more closely!

I know he said the A2 was too small, but that’s a step too far!! I must ask him whether he’s bought it or borrowed it!

You know, i'm really going to have to go and get a drive in one of those 130's.. they look great, the styling has really grown on me and apparantly they handle really well.

Last time i went to the BMW dealership in Cornwall was when the current M3 was lauched.. that was a fun drive.. time for another visit me thinks cool.gif

• 4 months later...

OK 2 weeks ago I bought a new 130i SE, monaco blue (that's the dark metallic blue). I think I got a pretty good deal - I used the fact that the revised 1-series is coming out to haggle hard for a good discount on list price. Apparently I've got the last 130i to be sold in the old shape in the country.

What do I think of it - fantastic! Ok so my old car was rather ordinary (fear of embarrassment prevents me announcing what it was) but nevertheless I think the 130i is just a hoot to drive, but refined when you want it to be. My shortlist before buying this car was the Audi A3 2.0T and the Mazda 3 MPS. I test drove and liked the other two, but the Audi didn't quite do it for me on the fun factor, and the Mazda though very fast, was a bit raw and of course there was some torque steer with it being FWD (though surprisingly not as much as I thought there would be). The BMW for me had the power, the handling and the refinement. I excluded the Golf R32 because I think it is ugly. I know others disagree but I think the 1-series is great looking.

Any gripes? Not really. Only thing I can think of is when cornering fast and encountering an uneven bit of road, the car can jump a bit, which can be hairy. You see quite a lot of the DTC light when giving it some welly on uneven surfaces. I think it prefers smooth tarmac.

I didn't go for the M-sport because for me, the extra bits you get (bodykit, harder suspension, bucket seats etc) are not that appealing. I like stealth (which is partly why I dislike the R32) and I've had the car debadged. I've thought about having a false 120i or 118i badge put on, but perhaps that would be a bit naff.

In summary, though it's early days, I love this car!

[ QUOTE ]

Any gripes? Not really. Only thing I can think of is when cornering fast and encountering an uneven bit of road, the car can jump a bit, which can be hairy. You see quite a lot of the DTC light when giving it some welly on uneven surfaces. I think it prefers smooth tarmac.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the run flats, put proper tyres on and the car will bite into corners how it is meant to, I just put Falken FK452's on our 120d M-Sport for £300 fitted and it has absolutely transformed the handling.

I had to get the ignition lock replaced on my car and the service guy who brought it out for me when collecting commented on how nice my car felt and and asked what suspension I had put on it as he had one and would swap to make it fell like that. He couldn't believe that it was just ditching the run flats that made all the difference.

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

You’d die if you saw what is currently in it’s place…. It’s some sort of Mazda imported Van with a lift up roof and an lpg sticker on the back. It’s a Mazda Bungee Jump (or something similar!), I’ll have to look more closely!

I know he said the A2 was too small, but that’s a step too far!! I must ask him whether he’s bought it or borrowed it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Mazda Bongo Friendee yelrotflmao.gif