2.0 petrol MPG

A4B6

If it's the same 2.0 litre that's in the rest of the VAG range then pretty poor. The A4 is a heavy old unit to haul around so I'd guess 18-20 around town and 28-32 on a run. If you're looking to buy my suggestion would be to avoid- that advice goes even if it was an FSI unit too. 169144-ok.gif

I've got the 2.0 FSI. Since my last service (admittedly only a coupla thousand miles ago) I've been getting around 37 mpg (DIS1) on my run to work (just shy of 100 mile round trip, mix of A, B and motorway) and have DIS2 (reset after the service) currently showing 35.8 mpg. Does need Optimax to get those figures though.

[ QUOTE ]

just out of interest, i am getting about 36mpg from my 220ps 2.0 fsi turbo which includes some town driving, a good motorway stint, then some more town driving.

Managed to get 40mpg plus just on the motorway...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish! Mines more like 26mpg. Any less than that and I might just as well have bought an S4. I guess the balance of my mileage is more biased towards urban though.

[ QUOTE ]

only done 4k miles in it so perhaps it'll improve (when it's Revo'd shortly..!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with the Revo upgrade, if you go for it. I keep finding myself on their website (and AMD's) asking myself whether to risk it, or not. Still can't work out whether you can use their select/select plus boxes for the TFSi engines, or not. When you drill down to the info about the DTM A4, they don't list any other options other than the plain remap.

Let me know if you go for it!

Matt

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

only done 4k miles in it so perhaps it'll improve (when it's Revo'd shortly..!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with the Revo upgrade, if you go for it. I keep finding myself on their website (and AMD's) asking myself whether to risk it, or not. Still can't work out whether you can use their select/select plus boxes for the TFSi engines, or not. When you drill down to the info about the DTM A4, they don't list any other options other than the plain remap.

Let me know if you go for it!

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

The car is being provisionally booked in for when I get back from the America in September for the free 5 hour demo upgrade.

If all goes well and I like the remap (I'm after generally an increased linear torque curve throughout the rev range, not just a load of boost in a narrow band to make it "feel" like its quicker)it should be all sorted by mid Sept latest.

They have said that they will return the car to stock and then back again FOC (for service visits) for as long as I have the car..

I'll keep everyone posted with the results/ findings.. 169144-ok.gif

• 2 weeks later...