A few faults on my MKV sorted

vindaloo

Had a few faults sorted on my .:R last week.

Erratic rear wiper cured by replacement of rear wiper motor.

Rattle in centre of dash sorted by slackening off a 'tension bar' under the dash. Apparently this is on a VW bulletin.

Interior driving mirror cover reseated, this had the strange effect that when you adjusted the driving mirror the wipers operated, obviously due to the rain sensor being at the back of the mirror stem.

Graunching noise from top of steering wheel whilst turning in any direction not cured but new steering wheel & cowling on order.

VW refused to do anything about my stone damaged grill surround even though it had blistered around the stone damage, but the dealer has offered to replace it at cost.

The downside of my visit to the dealer was a parking ding in the 3/4 panel behind the door on the passenger side. Can't prove this as I only noticed it at the weekend but it definitely happened at the dealers premises as it's not been parked in any vulnerable position since then. When I collected the car it was closely parked to two other cars & thats probably when it happened. There just isn't enough customer parking at the dealers & consequently the cars are jammed in all over the place. Needless to say I'm p**sed with this but can't really prove it. Got the nice man from DentsInc coming round tomorrow to remove the ding (hopefully)

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear about the dint

Rattle in centre of dash sorted by slackening off a 'tension bar' under the dash. Apparently this is on a VW bulletin.

Interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, very interesting.

The MKV GTI I had for my test drive had a very annoying rattle from somewhere around the centre dashtop air vent... we only had a 10 minute test drive but both me and my boss commented on it. Will have to mention this if I have the same problem when mine arrives.

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear about the dint

Interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

explain what you mean by interesting Snoopy ?

I have the same problem developing on mine smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

yes, very interesting.

The MKV GTI I had for my test drive had a very annoying rattle from somewhere around the centre dashtop air vent... we only had a 10 minute test drive but both me and my boss commented on it. Will have to mention this if I have the same problem when mine arrives.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly the rattle mine had & I can confirm with this fix it has gone completely

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this problem too until I removed the sensor unit from the top vent, stuck a couple of bits of velcro on the tabs and refitted... annoying rattle now gone.

Sounds like I should expect a new rattle to be along shortly.

I have just noticed a wierd problem with my wing mirrors.

When you adjust the right hand side using the joystick, the left mirror moves in the opposite direction.

So, say you want to point your right drivers side door mirror downwards when reversing along a kerb; the left one tilts up and points at the sky!!!??

Must admit its very rare that I will adjust the mirrors so it hasn't really bothered me. Probably best to take in.

Thats the only problem I can remember in 7000miles though.