Stupid RNS-E Question Alert

JamesTdiSport

Use the SD cards that are built-in to the RNS-E.

Rip your CDs to MP3's on your PC (use Windows Media Player), then just copy the MP3 files onto the SD cards. With a 4GB SD card you can store over 30 CD's worth. And since there's 2 SD card slots in the RNS-E that gives you the equivalent of over 60 CD's! All without a CD changer in sight.

I got my 4G SD cards from www.mobymemory.com, and they came complete with a USB adapter so they plug straight into my PC.

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks Daz, sadly this now makes a conversion to RNS-E more expensive as I will now need to source and fit a changer too, anyone any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll chuck in a 2GB SD card if you get your RNS-E installed by me, I have a spare one from my old RNS-E days. Unfortunately the A6/A8 MMI does not have the slots.

[ QUOTE ]

I've heard the RNS-E won't read a 4GB card due to its high capacity???

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true FIREdevil.gif I've been using 4GB cards for over a year on two different RNS-E's.

As already said, there is a limit of 512 on the total number of files and folders (directories) - so unless you use a high bit rate (I use 320kbps) ther's not much advantage in a 2GB card over a 4GB card.

[ QUOTE ]

I've been looking at RNS-E units on ebay, but they all look dodgey UHOH7.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Look here instead. Theres some names you'll recognise on there (like craigyb) and some guys in Europe (like haaggie), plus many guys in the US.

Buy from one of the regular advertisers on there and you'll get the right kit (including adapter leads and GPS/Bluetooth antennas) at good prices AND good support.

Lots of people I know have been "burnt" buying on eBay - broken units, units that have been "cobbled together" from parts and are not what they appear to be.

I've bought all my stuff (2 x RNS-E plus 2 x Audi Bluetooth adapters) on there - no problems at all.