Window control with remote

S4teve

Spent some time today trying to set up the window control via the remote control keyfob using Vagcom.

I adjusted the coding on both the Central Convenience Controller and in Adaption Channel 62 as outlined in the guide provided on the Ross-Tech site.

The windows did not move up at all upon locking and holding the button and would move down about 4 inches when unlocking???? confused.gif

Anybody successfully managed to do this on an A4 / S4?

I had another play today and managed to get the windows to raise when locking the car smile.gif, but it still only opens about 4 inches when unlocking confused.gif

I'm guessing from the above that saloons don't appear to be a problem.

Has anybody else with a cab tried this successfully.

I remember when I had the TT a window reset was required when windows didn't drop correctly (or dropped when they shouldn't have). Is there anything similar needed on the A4 / S4.

[ QUOTE ]

Mine open / close when i hold the button (as does the sun roof) - S4 Avant.

My old P reg 1.8T also did this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never been able to get the sunroof open when holding the remote to work - not on my previous B6 S4 Avant nor on my B7 RS4 Avant.

I've got what I think is all the correct coding and adaptation values set, but only the windows will both open and close on the remote - the sunroof will close but not open.

What's your trick?

[ QUOTE ]

Dave,

On the Ross-Tech info page the sun roof is a known problem with the key in the lock but suggests it's ok with the remote. Apologies if you have seen this already but I found it quite useful.

A4 S4 Vagcom info

[/ QUOTE ]

It was the reply from spikeyboy that confused me.

I've seen the page on the Ross Tech website (which actually says that both key and remote sunroof opening don't work) - but spikeyboy said that his sunroof DOES open on the remote.

Steve, I didn't think the press and hold worked the windows on the cab like it does on the saloon/Avant so well done on getting some reaction from it.

One thing that should work and that you might want to try (just to see if things are working right) is that if you unlock the car manually (stick the key in the door and twist it) and hold the key hard over, it should drop the windows I think (I'll try it on my cab in a bit).

Also, and I'm sure you know this, if you unlock manually and release the key to the centre and immediately twist to unlock again and hold it, it should drop the roof. Same in reverse (twist to lock and immediately re-twist and hold) should raise the roof if down.

The real holy grail for cabrio ownners though (and I don't know anyone who's managed to do this) is to somehow configure the car so that when you press the unlock and hold it, the roof goes down! And same in reverse (press and hold the lock and it goes up). This would be a great feature in summer whereby you could drop the roof as you approached the car in a car park. Probably would give the key battery a hammering though as you'd have to hold it transmitting for nearly half a minute (less with the B7 as they've speeded up the roof).

Thanks Ari,

This is all useful stuff - I think you are right about the window drop with remote on the Cab's.

Ross-Tech are looking into this for me and are kind enough to talk to their Audi contacts in Germany about it. I'll let you know if I get it sorted.

The roof trick with remote would be great - must be a way of doing it.

Kite,

According to Ross-Tech it will close but not open - see below the coding for adaption channel 62. Although Spikeyboy says he has got it working

State Bit Dec. Function

ON 0 1 windows up with remote

ON 1 2 windows down with remote

ON 2 4 windows up with key in lock

ON 3 8 windows down with key in lock

ON 4 16 sunroof close with remote

OFF 5 32 sunroof open with remote (does not appear to work)

ON 6 64 sunroof close with key in lock

OFF 7 128 sunroof open with key in lock (does not appear to work)

[ QUOTE ]

So does the sun roof open with windows or not ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never had an Audi where the sunroof has opened by holding the unlock key on the remote, only works with closing.

As for remote hood operation on a cab, you have to go to top marques for that kind of operation, like Vauxhall's Astra Cabrio! smashfreakB.gifcrazy.gif

• 16 years later...

Hey guys,
I know that this is an old topic, but I face the exact same issue as @S4teve with my A4 B7 1.8T Cabrio.

I managed to program everything through VCDS and now all I get is this behaviour: 

• Holding lock will close the passenger and drivers front windows all the way, BUT only if the rear windows are already fully closed. When the back windows are open at all, holding the lock buttons does nothing.
  • Holding unlock will just open the front windows for about 2-3 inches

Anyone managed to solve this puzzle?