Has anyone got GALA to work?

UBM

there is no gala or equivelant in the B7 with bose - bose has a mic inside the car to determine the equalization needed on the speakers etc. however its not without faults... my TP volume on selector doesnt work TP always comes on at the same current volume (not good when at 30 at the time!!) and something in the system has lead to an overload of sorts as i can hear that my big sub in the storage side of the boat has blown... it needs to be replaced and im sure audi will LOVE me for that explanation... hard enough to find a salesperson who even understands BOSE... ROLLEY~14.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

Im sure Gala works on my Bose - sound deffo goes up the faster i drive - but then again this may be the mic on bose auto adjusting the volume.

[/ QUOTE ]

GALA only increase the volume with speed.

AudioPilot (only with Bose, from 2004 on) increases the volume to compensate for the noise inside the car - whether due to speed, rough road surface or the exhaust noise (S4 and RS4 owners!).

If you've got a GALA menu on a 2004 or later car with Bose then someone has coded your head unit incorrectly.

[ QUOTE ]

mines a 2003 S4

[/ QUOTE ]

So you've got the older non-AudioPilot Bose, which has GALA.

There's a hill near home which I take at about 30 mph in 6th - in my 2003 S4 the non-AudioPilot Bose didn't change the volume so the exhaust note drowned out the radio/CD, in my 2004 S4 and my 2007 RS4 the AudioPilot Bose increases the volume so the radio/CD is still audible above the exhaust note.

That's the best real world demonstration I know of the difference between GALA and AudioPilot.

On level smooth roads, in my experience GALA and AudioPilot perform just as well.

The downside to AudioPilot is that on REALLY hot days the microphone seems to get messed up and until the aircon has cooled it down the volume goes up & down rapidly in big steps. There is a TSB to tell dealers how to disable AudioPilot for customers that find this unacceptable.

[ QUOTE ]

The downside to AudioPilot is that on REALLY hot days the microphone seems to get messed up and until the aircon has cooled it down the volume goes up & down rapidly in big steps. There is a TSB to tell dealers how to disable AudioPilot for customers that find this unacceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

to disable AudiPilot connect the folloing pin

"PIN 24 AudioPilot “off” - bridge to PIN 6"

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

to disable AudiPilot connect the folloing pin

"PIN 24 AudioPilot “off” - bridge to PIN 6"

[/ QUOTE ]

After doing this you should recode the radio to re-enable GALA.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I have Bose in the avant on a B7. I can't tell any difference with increasing road noise etc...or is it cos I'm deaf.. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can still hear the radio/CD just as clearly on a rough road as on a smooth road then the AudioPilot is working.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better go and find some smooth roads...... 169144-ok.gif