HELP! Vandalism - coin stuck to car!

eldiablorubino

just been out to my car and discovered a 20p coin glued to the roof of my car...

SAUER0421.GIF

does anyone have any suggestions to try and remove it? it appears to be well stuck with superglue or similar. can't get anything underneath the edges at all.

(FYI - the car was polished a couple of weeks ago with Klasse AIO if that makes any difference)

TOTAL fekr.gifS - sportifs2.gif

Most modern super glues are water soluble, however its not a 5 minute soak and off it'll come frown.gif

Unfortunately I think no matter what you do, you will find some paint damage at the end of it, so I would suggest masking round the coin, leaving a couple of mm gap, then use some of the correct remover in small quantities and start working round it slowly, wiping up excess after a few seconds.

As and when the coin is off, don't be tempted to scrape any glue remnants off, rather again use remover are cloth to lightly wipe away. Finally if you are lucky there will be minimal marrings that should be able to be polished out or at least reduced.

On the idiots who thought this would be funny, I think a squirt of super glue into their bell end would be a nice experience for them tongue.gif

Don't use acetone! It could well damage the paint.

Best to try some dedicating glue remover, something like Autoglym Tar and Glue remover. Soap some in a tissue and leave on the effected area.

I think you'll have most success with a source of heat, a heat gun or hair dryer, although do not get the paint very hot, be very careful.

just been outside... armed with:

- jug of boiling water

- torch!

after very carefully and slowly pouring boiling water over the coin for about a minute, a quick shove with my fingers and... BINGO! it came off!

went back outside... armed with:

- thumbnail

- microfibre cloth

- sonus microfibre pad

- Klasse AIO

- torch!

managed to scrape the glue residue off with my thumbnail and then gave it a quick polish to protect the paint again.

initial results look pretty good, there is some marking of the paintwork, need to see it in daylight now...

(note: the outside temp is about -1ºC at the moment so the drastic change in temp with the boiling water may have helped to release it)

thanks for all your advice and support. still can't believe the jealous F*CK*RS.

Thing is around the village where I live there are loads of really nice cars... (Audi RS4s, RS6s, A8s, a couple of GTIs, Range Rovers, RR Sports) it's not like it is parked in the middle of a council estate in an inner city...

you could try building a reservoir around the coin with something like plastecine then use hot water just keep topping it up (don't use boiling you may wreck the paint!)

I'm not sure if this will work but hot water is supposed to be able to help seperate superglued parts.

Hope you get it off, and if you catch them, glue their eyelids shut!

I'm pretty sure you can buy a superglue remover from someone like RS Components but not sure what it'll do to paint