Le Mans 2007

DHA

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm now back too. Half our group stopped on for a few more days. It was my first visit, and had a great time. Will be going again !! Our group was, Ferrari 430 Spider, Ferrari 360 Spider, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 911T, Mustang Saleen, Mustang Roush, Corvette C6, and 07 Golf R32 ( all with " dads'n'lads Le Mans 2007 stickers " ) beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Hey, I made it back hours ago Scotty!

Who wants the pix?

Danks, how much is THAT picture worth?!

spill the beans Loretta laugh.gif

r.e washbag you ould have walked to the tolets jump.gif

Jon, did you find the present I left in your wash bag? x

Lotts x

[/ QUOTE ]

I need more champagne training, I lost my memory after counting 20+ bottles on the table.

I had a bit of a Delboy moment when after being served some beer/T shirts/champagne/food or something or other I mumbled a rather weak, 'Bonjour' instead of 'merci........'

The video of chasing through the Autoroute tunnel with the Audi's, TVR's, DB's, Nobles and the odd Lambo is cracking... pure music.

The very very wet pit walkabout, one moment burning hot sunshine, the next soaked throughwith torrential rain... smashfreakB.gif

The great Audi fry-ups, the Audi free bar and one or two rather horny Audi girls servig us. oh and must not forget the Audi pit stop on the way down with nice food and a rather relaxing head shoulder massage afterwoods.

.......... then there is that story about Mr Carter and his underpants, but that can wait until much later when the photo's surface...... crazy.gif

and lastly, a big thankyou to those of you donated generously to Pancreatic Cancer, all in all - about £260.

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

I was back home first I reckon Scotty, was 9.50 last night but I had to get a pizza ordered and a shower so didn't get posting on TSN until now tongue.gif

Weather was shite frown.gif but the beer, racing, and the guys I was with really made up for it. My second LM trip has some great memories but the one thing that really made the trip for me was this.....

DSCF0073.jpg

A truly great car. Far better than any Porsche I have driven. The noise from that V10, running in the tunnels in Rouen, speed rising - clack clack of the metal gear gate and Noble racing wink.gif on the way down added some great great times to the trip. Expect a full review today or tomorrow of that one. Well done to Winton for his adept skills at co-driving wink.gif169144-ok.gif It's only 11 months and 24 days until Le Mans 2008!!!!!!!!!!!

I made it back about 3:30am as I got very tired and ended up taking a couple of roadside naps on the A1 'al la Daz' stylee.

I'm going to do a proper post when my brain has woken up but all I can say is: What a weekend.

Thanks to all the guys we went with, DHA for the tickets, Lagoo for being a legend, Gav for being comedy, Shandy for being Shandy, fatcat and Scotty for seeing off over 20 bottles of Champagne and then going back for more... just everyone. A cracking bunch of lads and a fecking GREAT weekend.

I am definitely going next year. I have "the bug."

Oh and Winton - I love you twin bruv jump.gif

beerchug.gif

Pics and more details to follow.....

I have to back you up on that one. The Lambo is now my dream car - not the fastest car on the planet but the sense of occasion of getting in or out, coupled with the smiles and appreciation that people give you on the road made it one the most fun things to travel in.

But the best bit was the noise that the V10 makes - it is like being strapped to the front of a Spitfire at full chat. Bloody magic.

And it can knock bottles over at 10 feet too tongue.gif

Great weekend and so glad I decided to go at the last minute.

Mucho thanks go to Sam_D for letting me tag along and RESPECT to his 3 series sootchcuker. That is one monster engine in there! Hope this afternoons meeting doesn't hurt too much. 169144-ok.gif

DHA's Lambo looked lovely whilst sat in that field of mud although Shark's Golf had a certain "je ne sais quoi" about it after the moon lit modification session.

I'm not sure I'll be able to face champagne again for a little while; the hangover has just started today. Fatcat, you truly are a brave man! beerchug.gif

Major f^ck you very much to Le Chunnel for making both legs of the trip as awkward and painful as possible. All finished off nicely by a miserable welcome back to Blighty on the M20. If there's any worse motorway in the country populated by twats in cars and especially foregin trucks that can't drive, I really don't want to visit it. FIREdevil.gif

[ QUOTE ]

What a weekend

[/ QUOTE ]

Can only echo the above - a top weekend of cars, beers, champagne and cocking about. It wouldn't have been the same without the Ecosse contingent - cheers chaps, you made me laugh so many times, I lost count 169144-ok.gif

Too many 'moments' to thank everyone individually, so I think a great big TechnoPark grouphug.gif is in order.