Earwax of doom!!

Ari

Been fecking deaf in my right ear for two days, it is so annoying!! smashfreakB.gif

Booked to get it blasted tomorrow, can't wait, I hate it. crazy.gif

I know what it is, it's the same every year, it's running the car with the roof down in cold weather.

Apparently the ear develops wax as a barrier against cold, wind or noise. I'm convinced it's cold and wind from top down cold weather motoring, that's why it's always the right ear cos the left is much more protected by the screen. Last week I had an hours blast home on a very cold night at midnight with the top down and it's been playing up ever since.

Gaaaahh, hateful. SAUER0421.GIF

I get a similar condition in the summer due to being in the water so much.

People in the water much more than I can develop "Surfer's ear".. some of my lifeguard friends suffer.

[ QUOTE ]

Surfer's Ear is the common name for exostosis (abnormal bone growth) within the ear canal. Over time irritation from cold wind and water cause the bone surrounding the ear canal to develop lumps of new bony growth which constrict the ear canal. The condition is so named due to its prevalence among cold water surfers. Surfer's ear is not the same as swimmer's ear. The condition is not limited to surfing and can occur in any activity with cold, wet, windy conditions such as kayaking, sailing, diving, etc. Most avid surfers have at least some mild bone growths (exostoses), causing little to no problems.[1] The condition is progressive, making it important to take preventative measures early, preferably whenever surfing.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've had this once before when i had a medical at work, they booked me in to see a doc to get my ear flushed but i tried a diy method in the mean time by tilting my head to the side in the shower and giving it a good blast.

hey presto, when the docs appointment came round he said there was no build up what-so-ever and i had the cleanest ears he had ever seen.