Wiper system mods on the B7

the911sc

Just been mucking about with this but anyone know what the speed related wipe does and if it works?.. I assume the drop tear is like the B6 used to be with a delayed wipe after a wash wipe.

(Couldnt get any of them to work by the way!) My std value was 115 on both the a4 and the rs4

Adaptation ch13 on central elec..

Channel 013: Wiper Setup

Standard: 115

+001 = Speed Reset

+002 = Short to Plus Monitoring

+004 = Rain Sensor active

+008 = Long Post Wiping after Washing (Drop/Tear Wiping)

+016 = Speed dependent Wiper interval active

+032 = Headlight Washer System active

+064 = Reverse Gear Wiping active

I've got the rain-sensitive wipers on my RS4 and the speed dependent wiper interval definitely works - slow infrequent wipes when stationary building up to continuous fast wipe (if needed) as you go quicker.

Only thing I've done is add the drop/tear wipe because I missed it (was on my B6 and is on my wife's Skoda! - she also has the reverse gear wipe which wasn't on my B6).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

FYI, I've had two A3s now and they've each had different wiper characteristics.

The first one didn't have rain sensors but did still have speed sensitivity so, when you came to a halt, the speed would go down one setting (fast to slow, slow to intermittent, intermittent to slower intermittent etc). Also, it had the courtesy wipe where it would do one more sweep five seconds after a wash/wipe, unless the car was stationary.

The new one has rain sensors which are also speed sensitive. The courtesy wipe is different however. It no longer wipes again after fives seconds but rather the final down-stroke of the wash/wipe cycle is much slower. I believe this is what the "Long Post Wiping after Washing" refers to above.

HTH smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

While I was coding my car for it's new towbar I changed the wiper settings. (+008 = Long Post Wiping after Washing (Drop/Tear Wiping)) I now have a 'courtesy wipe'. jump.gif I think it's been mentioned above, but it does indeed only work when the car is moving.