I did it..

To spend the amount required for both 360/PS3, you need to be sure of what your doing, you should WANT the console for the games, nowt we can say should really change your mind.

Look at somewhere like Play.com, or your local Game store, look at what games are available on both consoles (and indeed the PC), and whats coming up in the near future. If either interest you, get them, if not, stick with the PC.

[ QUOTE ]

Here you go found this on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Xbox-360-Premium-C...1QQcmdZViewItem

Read the listing!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, a modded console thats broken, great find smashfreakB.gif

Let me sum up Ashley's arguement simply.....

If your the type of person that would buy a Japanese car over something American/European because its better equiped, and more reliable get a PS3.

If your the type of person who would buy something American/European, because its just a lot more fun, get a 360 169144-ok.gif

*shudders*

I shall take Snail up on his suggestion and check the games out. I had a 360, so would feel let down going back to it. However, as said, if the PS3 games don't excite me, I may as well wait. Not checking the games was something I failed on with the Wii!

[ QUOTE ]

If your the type of person who would buy something American/European, because its just a lot more fun, get a 360 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You know full well I can't let that comment slip by... grin.gif

Again, I disagree. Why is the PS3 not fun? The games I've bought I think are great. We've had a lot of fun from the PS3 so far, and the games I've downloaded have been great, as are the ones I bought.

Is that not fun? crazy.gif

Anyway, the most popular game on the 360 is counting the red lights, no? tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very simple explanation. Games = Fun, therefore more games = more fun.

The 360 currently, and at least for the next couple of months has more games, and therefore, for the foreseable future is more fun 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Here you go found this on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Xbox-360-Premium-C...1QQcmdZViewItem

Read the listing!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, a modded console thats broken, great find smashfreakB.gif

Let me sum up Ashley's arguement simply.....

If your the type of person that would buy a Japanese car over something American/European because its better equiped, and more reliable get a PS3.

[/ QUOTE ]

confused.gif I bought a Japanese car that has next to no equipment and is immense fun. OMG what console do I buy? crybaby2.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very simple explanation. Games = Fun, therefore more games = more fun.

The 360 currently, and at least for the next couple of months has more games, and therefore, for the foreseable future is more fun 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it has more games, but then do you really have the time to play it? Surely they spend more time in transit between the gamers and Microsoft tongue.gif

Seriously though, I prefer playing with my Wii (I'm gonna regret that comment) over the 360/PS3 right now, and there aren't nearly as many games. More games does not mean more fun at all. A lot of games are pure rubbish, with only a large handful of serious titles.

[ QUOTE ]

A lot of games are pure rubbish

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, i've played a fair percentage of the current 360's library, and of the shop purchase titles (ie not downloads), i can only think of 2 games that i can honestly say i didnt enjoy 169144-ok.gif

Some of them may not have been worth £50, but that doesn't mean to say they weren't lots of fun (for instance The Godfather, a glorified PS2 game, but fantastic for the £15 i paid)

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Seriously though, I prefer playing with my Wii (I'm gonna regret that comment) over the 360/PS3 right now

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I read that right didn't I ....

I know what you mean though. We still play the Wii a lot. I bought Heatseeker semi-recently that isn't great but is fun to play.

Still unsure on what do do about a PS3 / 360. I like racing games and as yet the PS3 doesn't really have any. So sticking with the PC.

What have you decided screen wise Sparky ? I might get the new 40" 1080p Samsung, its had a few problems initially but the latest model / reviews for it are brilliant.

[ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gif I was just showing what will most likely happen with your 360 some time or another and the fact that you will most probably end up gettng PS3 in the end like a lot of other 360 owners. So save your money and your time do your research 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I somehow doubt that. PS3 has few exclusive titles and what are supposedly its 'big guns' leave me cold. Gran Turismo is no longer the definitive driving experience, Forza matches it (and is out now) while PGR3 is more fun. Metal Gear is essentially the product of a man who should have gone to film school rather than design games. Its all plot exposition and what gameplay there is has been bettered by others in the 'stealth' genre, notably the multi platform Hitman. Both franchises have a history of failing to answer criticisms and will not have changed drastically in the new generation. They will only appeal to fanboys who, in all liklihood have bought a PS3 already.

Alternative franchises remain slow in coming and appear distinctly second rate when they do. Motorstorm, Warhawk, Resistance, all technically sound titles but all very much gaming by numbers. Only two PS3 titles thus revealed offer any prospect of something new, unique and interesting. Lair, featuring dragons, looks lush and seems to be trying to deliver something very different to conventional action and flight sim games. Little Big Planet also looks wonderful, genuinely next gen and, though simplistic, displays intelligent design and some very impressive technical abilities of the PS3 hardware. As Microsoft gears up for a third quarter led by HALO3, PS3's Killzone has not surfaced since its E3 trailer. (And no, Resistance is not a HALO killer, I've played it.)

I'm not going to play the fanboy and take sides, but I will challenge your assertion that Xbox owners will trade for PS3. I have ordered a 360 based on the games I have seen being developed for it, not necessarily exclusives either. Indeed, the only 360 exclusive that I definitively want to play is HALO3. For a customer who had a PS2 and a PS2 and did not consider purchasing the original XBox that is a real suprise, to me more than anyone. PS2 had far more games I wanted to play and they were largely exclusives. XBox was not a consideration, especially after having played HALO on a borrowed machine. But in this generation the lack of exclusives is drawing the price difference out into the open. Not being interested in Blu-Ray playback (Or indeed HD-DVD at all) the 360 is cheaper, will be getting almost all the same games as the PS3 as developers go multi-format to recoup development costs, and as a bonus has a few exclusives of its own. Victory in the 'console war' is never decided by hardware manufacturers but by software support from third parties, and this is the PS3's Achilles heel. Because those third party developers are going multiplatform (ironically because of ever increasing development costs associated with these powerful consoles) it has to justify its price soley with what it has the 360 doesn't, and that is proving difficult. I am nothing if not a perfect illustration of that.

I don't bitch about the PS3, if you have one I'm sure you will enjoy it and that you are happy with your choice. But the suggestion that we will all want one is wrong and illustrates a misunderstanding of the games industry. Gamers are not going to buy a more expensive console than a rival to play the same games. And a high price machine will require a high quality exclusive software library to get them to do so. Currently PS3 does not have that and gamers are going elsewhere. For my part the only thing that would get me to consider a PS3 in future would be a new title from the creators of ICO and Shadow of the Collossus, a develper whose work I am a fan of.

[ QUOTE ]

With my PS2 I only ever played two games on it - GTA and GT4. That was all I needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shocking. You really missed out.

Depends what you want to console for Pelly.

If it is just for games then follow as above.

If you are looking more globally at a Media Centre hooked up to your plasma then I suggest you wait and watch this space for a couple of weeks.

Rumours are rife that the homebrew community have cracked XBMC for the Xbox360 Elite, and also that there is a linux Media Centre due to be unveiled for the PS3 [some theories even that this is with the tacit knowledge of Sony!] and either would then make truly stunning media centres; HD dvd players; oh and copy-games would run as an innocent by-product!