MKV test drive over, MKIV still to be sold.

RFredR32

Have a few serious punters on my MKIV 169144-ok.gif i am pleased to say.

However i am having some sleepless nights sportifs2.gif

Returned MKV demo to VW yesterday. Have to say overall very impressed, better handling, more comfortable, better long distance cruiser, more refined and understated etc. etc. etc.

Gave keys back and got back into my own, oh that milltek sounds great 169144-ok.gif MKIV still has that rawness and character about it that i dont know whether even with tuning the MKV can beat.

So although the MKIV definately has to go when its coming down ordering a car for next year delivery im in a dilemma. Will the MKV still give the same thrill with milltek etc fitted, or would i be better spending my 25k elsewhere.

To help you narrow it down, no offence to anyone just my preference. Wouldnt have the following Ford, BMW, or Nissan. Not that fussed on looks of S3 although a great car.

Somebody put my mind at rest otherwise i will end up driving a GTTDI and wondering what i should have bought, for the rest of my life smile.gif

As always i would appreciate everyones advice or opinions, especially those that changed from MKIV to MKV 169144-ok.gif

lol... Ross... you know what i'm going to say.

I love my mk5.. it needs more power to be like yours. But still to this day I love the rawness of the mk4 - However the mk5 r32 has grown up with me and suits me better now...

My perfect solution is the mk5 with 300bhp+ it would make t that little bit more than my mk4....

TBH I feel the mk4 is a classic but it looks a little dated now.

Your call....

Good luck!

I agree 300bhp out of a V would be good, how do you get it though. Hgp do a 400bhp turbo kit for it 12k.

RS4 would be best choice but is out of my league at the moment. Lenny any luck with that tuner down in Dublin, what was there website.

Cheers

169144-ok.gif

I am considering moving on from my mkV soon and am in a similar dillema as you.

I have had the mkV since March 06 and have enjoyed it - but it always seemed a little bland compared to my mk4, which I loved. If I was buying new again I would opt for the Recaros and leave the DSG.

Same as you though, I just dont know what else to go for next. But I would consider a Nissan 350 which you wouldnt although ideally I would like to stick with 4wd.

Went and had a look at a new S3 and was unimpressed. May feel different after a test drive.

Decisions, decisions, decisions

beerchug.gif

Soulboy firstly I am glad that somebody else is having a similar dilemma, secondly do you have any pics of you R32, if I go down that route its either shadow blue or black.

S3 great car slightly pricy and feel that Audi could have done a bit more with it, RS3 is still a strong rumour though.

350 0Z again good car, good engine, couldn’t live with plastic interior

M3/CSL always said I wouldn’t buy a BM but you cant deny that 25-30k would get you a great example

Boxster S sister has one for sale, but I feel bit of a girls car. Not a convertible sort of person.

S4 strong possibility RS4 even better but to much money. A4 4dr saloon, not family man yet, if I was, sensible and responsible head would say second hand Range Rover or something exciting like that

MKV R32 not running it down would love one but just wonder what else is out there, I think once you are R32 owner its hard to get away from them.

Only my own preferences and opinions. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Not yet but plenty of interest have one guy very keen at the moment keep the fingers crossed. 169144-ok.gif

What would you buy with the money, different car not mods. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As you have no family yet your requirements for a car are slightly different to mine.

If you still have access to the soot chucker and have £25K to spend.

I would consider The Boxster S, Elise, Exige, an EVO of some description, the S4 although practical is still a great great car. Could get yourself a TVR, an older 911, don't discount the M3(CSL) on the badge alone - they are both superb cars. If you can find one and afford it an M3 CS would fit the bill too.

You have lots of choice - how many miles will you do in it?

Very nice soulboy i like it, looks awesome, 169144-ok.gif There doesnt seem to many about in shadow blue which is a good thing, mostly DBP, silver, gun metal, and black also dont think the MKV looks as well in T red as MKIV. If i was you i would keep it save the dilemma im having. smile.gif

PS you wouldnt have a pic from the front aswell please to help convince the other half on the colour. 169144-ok.gif

I will post a front pic up when I get back on my home pc. And if you pm me your e-mail I will mail a few across.

If I was buying new again I would still go for Shadow Blue. 169144-ok.gif

The reason I was considering changing is that someone I know has said they want to buy it off me whenever I am ready at a 'good price'.

Now I have always owned my own cars, but I was thinking I may do a 12 month contract hire and maybe buy something else in a year or so.

Why?

Because I am a bit concerned about what the Government/EU have got in mind for higher emission cars. They are supposed to be looking at the situation already and following Gordon Browns £400 retro car tax hit, I just dont trust them.

With regard something new, I need to use my car for business as well so I have to rule out Lotus etc

I am not in any rush, but just thinking what I may go for if I do change.

Having said that, when you look at a replacement, you realise what a fantastic car the R is.

beerchug.gif

Soulboy 169144-ok.gif

After: 2 MkIV R32 (DBP & Indigo Blue Pearl)

MKV R32 DSG (Shadow Blue)

MK5 GTI (Diamond Black)

ED30 (partners)(Candy White Looks the DB's)

S3 (Brilliant Black)since Feb.....this car just gets quicker and better the more you drive it, just came back from a nightmare drive down the west coast in torrential rain for most of the way,car can only be described as "fecking awesome"

Yep it doesn't exactly stand out in a crowd (love that)but it sure does the biz, as the two Q7 that tried to hog the outside lane without another car within view found out when I went past, the look of sheer astonishment was worth every penny of the asking price,absolutely priceless

"An A3!!! FFS!! Just went past us like we were standing still!!!" Classic.....the car just cuts it as a great"Q car"

Just doing a 310PS Bluefin for the helluva it,as it should handle the extra no probs,and its a lot of "bang for your buck" FIREdevil.gif me thinks.......... SPericani2.gif