So who is going to win the Prem this year then ?

CarMad

What's wrong with Sparkys Car?  

1. 1. What's wrong with Sparkys Car?

• Front Brake Pads
    • Rear brake Pads
    • Brake Fluid
    • Other (Flies?)

We have a TSN League but who is going to pick up the title this year then.

Man U have spent more than Chelsea normally do so the pressure will certainly be on them, Liverpool have also spent a fair bit but lets be fair they need to. I think Liverpool are going to get it this year (I'm a Liverpool supporter so what else am I going to say)

Will be interesting to see how the likes of Newcastle and Bolton do, one with a new manager the other with the old team but little money to spend. I think 9th for Bolton this year and maybe a couple of places higher for Newcastle.

So come on then predictions of who is going to win the Premiership and where you think your team is going to end up. 169144-ok.gif

What trophies will Arsenal win in the 2007-2008 season? What will Arsenal win 07/08 Season?

Singles Only

FA Cup & Carling Cup 28 - 1

Premiership & FA Cup 28 - 1

Premiership & Carling Cup 33 - 1

FA Cup & Champions League 50 - 1

Premiership & Champions League 50 - 1

Premiership , FA Cup & Carling Cup 125 - 1

Premiership, Champions League & FA Cup 200 - 1

Premiership , FA Cup, Carling Cup & Champions League 500-1

I've bet £20 on Prem + CL

jump.gif

Premiership - Err confused.gif

If Chelsea concentrate on the CL and Dumb & Dumber (aka Ballack and Sheva) play like they did last season then it's Man U again for mine.

However, if they want the league title back and those two play like they can do then I have a small suspicion that the tables would be reversed.

As for Liverpool - 3rd again but much closer and a domestic pot.

Arsenal - Lord only knows but if Spurs can learn how to defend they will never have a better chance of a CL spot.

My lot - a repeat of 4th bottom would be fabulous but it ain't gonna happen. 2nd from bottom is more likely, only above Derby, with Hutchings right up there for first casualty of the season.

[ QUOTE ]

What trophies will Arsenal win in the 2007-2008 season? What will Arsenal win 07/08 Season?

Singles Only

FA Cup & Carling Cup 28 - 1

Premiership & FA Cup 28 - 1

Premiership & Carling Cup 33 - 1

FA Cup & Champions League 50 - 1

Premiership & Champions League 50 - 1

Premiership , FA Cup & Carling Cup 125 - 1

Premiership, Champions League & FA Cup 200 - 1

Premiership , FA Cup, Carling Cup & Champions League 500-1

I've bet £20 on Prem + CL

jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you would have been better giving that money to charity jump.gif

Man U for one more season (before Scholes Giggs are too old) - they play consistently well and have the ability to slot a benchwarmer or two in without it prejudcing their performance too much. This wins leagues.

Liverpool supporter so that was painful to type. I think Rafa will focus on league more this season so I expect to do less well in the CL and my head says I would be happy to finish second or be within say 6-9 points of the winner.

We have bought well but will they all gel in time this season?

[ QUOTE ]

Man U for one more season (before Scholes Giggs are too old) - they play consistently well and have the ability to slot a benchwarmer or two in without it prejudcing their performance too much. This wins leagues.

Liverpool supporter so that was painful to type. I think Rafa will focus on league more this season so I expect to do less well in the CL and my head says I would be happy to finish second or be within say 6-9 points of the winner.

We have bought well but will they all gel in time this season?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well im going to say Liverpool of coarse with Heinze as our left back the_finger.gif. We just need to make a good start which we havent done for as long as i can remember then we will see where we are around the xmas period,think old red noses team up the road are favourites again though.. confused.gif

As a Liverpool fan, it hurts to say I can't see us winning it yet. Manu U, I'll give it to again, maybe and this is a dodgy maybe, Liverpool for second but most likely Chelsea, Arsenal propping the three up in fourth and Liverpool to win one domestic..thats how I see it..

I'll be back to read this page at the end of the season FIREdevil.gif

Once the Tevez signing is complete, you may as well just hand United the trophy.

Rooney, Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson, Tevez - frankly we can let 3 goals in a game and still win by a hatful.

Another barren year for the hopeful Scousers (though I confess Torres and Voronin are good signings and they'll possibly finish second this year).

The last year of Jose's reign, because Abramovich will sack him when they fail to lift the Champions League. Maybe they'll win the FA Cup, if we let them.

Man United

Liverpool

Chelsea

Arsenal

Tottenham

Then I think you'll see Newcastle, possibly Sunderland (who I expect to surprise a few this season) and maybe Bolton Wanderers.

Relegation:

Derby County - dead cert, wasting their time

Wigan - all going to go horribly wrong

Birmingham - as above

[ QUOTE ]

Once the Tevez signing is complete, you may as well just hand United the trophy.

Rooney, Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson, Tevez - frankly we can let 3 goals in a game and still win by a hatful.

Another barren year for the hopeful Scousers (though I confess Torres and Voronin are good signings and they'll possibly finish second this year).

The last year of Jose's reign, because Abramovich will sack him when they fail to lift the Champions League. Maybe they'll win the FA Cup, if we let them.

Man United

Liverpool

Chelsea

Arsenal

Tottenham

Then I think you'll see Newcastle, possibly Sunderland (who I expect to surprise a few this season) and maybe Bolton Wanderers.

Relegation:

Birmingham - as above

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Relegation:

Birmingham - as above

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget City - they don't have any decent players at all now and Sven has no idea when it comes to struggling teams in the Prem.

Wigan have made a mistake with Chris Hutchings I think, and Bramble is possibly no definitely.

Birmingham have nothing to offer either.

As for the where the Trophy will go - I hope its to Old Trafford again - some great signings by Sir Alex.

Spurs will push the Ar5e for fourth place, and it will be up to the two to fight for 2nd and third tongue.gif

I do think Liverpool have made some good acquisitions in the close season - particulary Torres - but hopefully it will come to nothing. No consistency tongue.gif

All in my opinion of course.

I think Man City may do better than expected. Bolton and Villa have done nothing in this window to show any threat.

The top 5 will probably be the same, hopefully we can pip arsenal to 4th spot. But Man U have made the best buys, and I cant see chelsea beating them. And I dont rate Torres, so I reckon Liverpool will be 3rd again.

[ QUOTE ]

Relegation:

Birmingham - as above

[/ QUOTE ]

Whilst I know Derby will struggle this season and fourth from bottom will feel like winning a cup if we can get one or two games like this in a season I will be a happy man grin.gif

Derby 3 Man united 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZDnX1sC6l0

When Tevez went to WHU (look for the thread on here) I said I'd have been jumping for joy if it'd been Manchester United.

He is, in the opinion of many, amongst the top 10 players in the world. He is world class, without doubt, and single handedly (in my opinion) kept WHU up.

As for the start of his time at Upton Park, how many South Americans have ever come to the Premiership and shone from the start? None that I call recall. The fact he is shining now (or was) is a sign that Tevez will prove to everyone he's one of the top 3 players in Europe this season. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't light the Premiership up, never mind Old Trafford.

On the subject of Man City, well I actually think Sven has made some rather shrewd signings. Especially the Brazilian who's name escapes me right now. I can see them finishing mid-table, and getting a nice hammering off United home and away in the process. grin.gif

I do rate Torres though, but he might take time to adjust to the pressure he'll be under physically. Voronin looks the part though. I've been very impressed with him in the friendly snippets I've seen of the scousers. I think Babel is a waste of money though, and a very bad buy. I just cannot see what he does well or how he'll fit in to the way Liverpool play. I also think he's a shirker.

As for Hutchings, well I agree completely. To go from Jewel to him is nothing short of suicidal.

As I said earlier though, I think the surprise outfit will be Sunderland. Keane has got an outrageous atmosphere back to the Stadium of Light and has made some very interesting signings. Going there will be very hard for the best of teams. Sunderland is awful, never mind the task of playing at the Stadium of Light. yelrotflmao.gif

I think those who are criticising Tevez do so for two reasons. Envy, and where he's (hopefully) going.

As for West Ham, it's beginning to look likely they'll not only escape anything like appropriate punishment, but could actually make a profit from blatantly breaking Premier League rules. Even West Ham fans, though understandably grateful, must realise how ridiculous that is.

Yet again the FA have been shown up to be the incompetent and negligent fools that they are.

P.S. I never had any sympathy with Sheff United's claim though. Three good reasons they deserved to go down:

1. Neil Warnock (or Colin to his many fans... the_finger.gif )

2. They were shyte all season

3. Neil Warnock

[ QUOTE ]

When Tevez went to WHU (look for the thread on here) I said I'd have been jumping for joy if it'd been Manchester United.

He is, in the opinion of many, amongst the top 10 players in the world. He is world class, without doubt, and single handedly (in my opinion) kept WHU up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely a fabulous player and in today's market is worth every penny of the £30m fee as he's now had that season to acclimatise to the Prem. However, I'm surprised that Man U still haven't signed an out and out goal getter. They would have a great forward line but a load of wingers & No 10s - I would have got rid of Saha as well as the Emmerdale Eminem and got Eto'o Torres or Huntelaar (or even someone like Klose to add some variety).

[ QUOTE ]

On the subject of Man City, well I actually think Sven has made some rather shrewd signings. Especially the Brazilian who's name escapes me right now. I can see them finishing mid-table, and getting a nice hammering off United home and away in the process. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Elano is the fella you're thinking of. Don't know much about him but sounds like he's in the Gilberto/Emerson mould (or indeed Dunga from further back). I can see City being slight dark horses this year and doing something along the lines of a Bolton/Blackburn. Svennis is a decent manager when the chequebook is wide open and he doesn't have to pick a team of Englishmen. They won't be exciting and I can see them being hard to beat and scoring a few more - the biggest potential spanner being how well & how long it takes all these new signings to adapt.

Best signing for City could well be Martin Petrov - if he's fit & interested then he's going to give a few right backs some fair old headaches. Plenty of pace and no lack of skill!

[ QUOTE ]

I do rate Torres though, but he might take time to adjust to the pressure he'll be under physically. Voronin looks the part though. I've been very impressed with him in the friendly snippets I've seen of the scousers. I think Babel is a waste of money though, and a very bad buy. I just cannot see what he does well or how he'll fit in to the way Liverpool play. I also think he's a shirker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Torres will be all about whether he can adapt to the physical side and who he plays with. I would imagine he will do well with Crouch or Voronin (who seems to be very underrated - to me he's a clever player like Luis Garcia but with an iota of physical strength) but not with Kuyt (who I think is a well meaning donkey in the Alan Smith mode). If he does adapt & gets some support then he could score a decent No of goals - for those looking at the Atletico record, remember that they are the La Liga 'Lords of Disappointment' and are almost unsurpassed at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Not easy bangin' em in for a shower like that!

[ QUOTE ]

As for Hutchings, well I agree completely. To go from Jewel to him is nothing short of suicidal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead and buried as I've already suggested. Dave Whelan doesn't have big money any more, has chosen a muppet for a manager and the signings made have been woeful - Bumble, Melchiot, Michael Brown smashfreakB.gifSAUER0421.GIF

Only Derby, Bongo FC and possibly Boro/Mackems/AN Other will give Wigan any hope of survival and I just don't see it - Hutchings to be 1st casualty and Wigan back in the Championship (which is more like a fair level).