Mk5 R32 manifolds - withdrawn by Milltek..

lenny

I was looking for the mk5 R32 manifolds on the millek site today and noticed that they where missing..

A quick phone call later to them and they said they have been withdrawn from sale until they have been tested further!

So - I wonder if they will be producing a better product? sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]

You loose power gain with the manifolds from Milltek...

Nice to see there are withdrawn...Let´s hope for some good manifolds from Milltek very soon!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

With a good map they are supposed to be great BrakeSnake has them fitted amongst other goodies and his car runs in excess of 300bhp.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You loose power gain with the manifolds from Milltek...

Nice to see there are withdrawn...Let´s hope for some good manifolds from Milltek very soon!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

With a good map they are supposed to be great BrakeSnake has them fitted amongst other goodies and his car runs in excess of 300bhp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes!!! for Mk4... right?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

No a V.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm.... My bad!!!

300bhp Nice... beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a MKIV with the manifolds and I love them to bits. RS32 to my knowledge was the first MKV owner to have them fitted. He had them removed a short whil after as he had lost so much power.

AFAIK there are a very small number of MkV engines where the Milltek manifold upgrade has worked.

Equally there are other cars where it has not been possible to avoid a torque loss, even with different software maps from different providers.

I've spoken to Guy (Harding) about these, they sound the goods. Not cheap though, and best with a re-map according to Guy.

He's also promoting the DMS remap which I'd be interested in opinions of, as it seems to provide a very good performance boost for just a remap.

If you are looking for them for the UK, make sure you get the stainless steel option!.

I'm planning to get a remap for mine (when the financial controller will allow me to do so, she wants a new fence - selfish I say).

I'm going over there in the next few days so can get some photos and more information if anyone needs it.

Just seen this thread. Got the full system on mine. Apart from the awesome nascar sound, main differences are that peak torque is now around 3500rpm plus, with peak power between 6500 to 6700 rpm. The manifolds work great in combination with the high lift cams, top end is effortless, though there is a slightly slower pickup below 2500rpm. The numbers pushed out on the superchips dyno were around 285bhp, compared to the APS300 of about 278bhp. The dyno is a good 7% down on figures, as APS will say, so it's all subjective. Factored for this, it's about 305 bhp and 265 lbft of torque. Drives great tho 169144-ok.gif