Audi about to dump 130 R8 Spyders

Mook

The auction house catalogues should have the details already? And they'll be spread about the country to help.

Brand new will never go to open auctions, and that's too many to sell via dealer day auctions.

I'd imagine that you just walk in to any Audi dealer and say will you sell me a R8 Spyder for 20% below RRP. The Audi dealer will they say yes, but it's pre built so limit on spec adjusting and btw do you like white, black or silver.

BMW did a similar thing last year with the M3 saloon. They registered a load just before the number plate change, and then sent them out into the market with delivery mileage as a S/H car, and a nice 10-15k discount - Naturally they sold like hot cakes!

Perhaps there is a new R8 Spyder on the way and they need to clear their stock :). I have been watching the R8 classifieds on PH and the likes of Romans etc have had well spec'd Spyders on their books for a few months now. I think they should just drop the 3.0T from the S4 into the Spyder and that might boost sales !

Source is someone inside Audi UK. Just about the right time of year to buy a cab, don't you reckon.

Surely that's going to screw used values?

Who was the specific "source" here? Position/department/seniority?? Only fair to ask....

Audi UK are only bringing 240 R8 V10 Spyders into the UK this year so highly unlikley that 130 of those (of which a number won't be physical cars still) would be "dumped" into the system....