The Caterham Build

patently

Brilliant. I can't drive for toffee though and my diary is already crammed.

I was looking at used Caterham prices. Not much below £12k and the good stuff is £15k and upwards from the Caterham showroom. That makes the 160 a snip at £15k new. I am really rather tempted. The 165 (the LHD version) I scrounged for a few days was ace. I suspect, also, that the 3 pot turbo could be tweaked a bit more too... :)

• 3 years later...
21 minutes ago, E-bmw said:

Well done Mr P, tell us more?

We have a habit of entering the Birkett Relay (http://www.750mc.co.uk/formulae/birkett.htm) a 6 hour team endurance race for between 4 and 6 drivers, held on the Silverstone Classic GP circuit on the last weekend in October each year.  The idea is to have an end-of season jolly with as many of us as possible, it's a good laugh, and fun racing because there is such a huge range of machinery there so we get to play with stuff we're not used to.  As there is such a range (from sports prototypes to Smart cars, sometimes) it is run on a handicap basis - you submit lap times for all the drivers in the team, in the cars they propose to drive, and your team is allocated a number of handicap laps.  So anything can win, even if your cars are not hyper-speed prototypes.  With 70 teams, each with 4-6 drivers, it's a massive event.  There are always more Caterham teams than you can shake a stick at.

We go there for shits & giggles.  It really is fun.  But we only went and came second in class this year :blink: 5th overall, too :o

Oh - you might be able to see a piece about it on telly sometime next year, btw.  A certain BBC motoring show was there filming.  And taking part, in ridiculously unsuitable cars. 

• Like 3