New M3 Driver!

MrMPG

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you get it make sure that the velcro on the metal pivot is well attached as the metal underneath is rough and will mark your wheel if it isn't there (he says from experience). You will also be best off leaving the lock at a slight angle (with the arm at say 10 o'clock) to reduce pressure indentations on the wheel. They do come out after a while so no great shakes in my book.

Excellent, my disklok rocked up today and is now fitted to the car, with it in position (arm at about 10 o'clock) it does seem to leave a small indentation around the 12 o'clock position on the wheel itself, is that like yours? I don't think there is any getting around it as the thing itself is pretty heavy.

Excellent, my disklok rocked up today and is now fitted to the car, with it in position (arm at about 10 o'clock) it does seem to leave a small indentation around the 12 o'clock position on the wheel itself, is that like yours? I don't think there is any getting around it as the thing itself is pretty heavy.

you might get away with some blocks of tube copper lagging, the grey stuff for ch pipes, a few 3" bits placed on steering wheel before fitting the disklok, say every 120 deg.

Can you still get those Dis-car-nect things that you stick on the battery?

Basically disconnects the battery but still allows enough current to supply the clock, radio, alarm etc.

Total pain in the arse on something that's a daily driver mind, although having the battery in the boot like BMW's makes it slightly less of a faff I suppose.

As I understand it the mod Mac has done is to remove each wheel when he leaves it anywhere.

MrMPG (ironic surely - especially now - 15 per chance?) with the Diskloc what I tend to do is sort of balance it and try to get a feel for the bit with the pressure and relieve it by shifting the unit forwards or backwards on the wheel. It is only more of an issue on mine since it can be easily sat for two weeks without moving. I left it yesterday with the lock arm at the 9 o'clock position so I'll let you know how that works out!

Great, I think i'm right around 18-19 at the moment, its not my daily driver - I have a work/dog/dump/ice/snow taxi, so like yours it can be sat around for a few days without touching it, hence the reason for getting one, don't really care on the MPG as i plan on putting a max of around 5-6k on it per year, although this month i'll prob not even crack 300 - but for those 300 or so, i'll be grinning thats for sure! +++

• 2 weeks later...

Your car (a 2008?) is too old to work with a standard Apple cable - you need a Y cable which plugs into both the USB and the AUX port at one end - the other end being an old style Apple 30 pin. The sound isn't great - I've now got a tiny Sandisk 32Gb USB in the slot which results in much better quality. Doing all the folder naming was a bit of an ar5e but well worth it once done. Friday night with a few beer's sort of task!!

I did hope my iPhone4 would work as a simple storage device when using the normal cable, the downside being I'd have to use the phone to change tracks but even that would not work.

Biscuits - with the Bluetooth connection do you suppose you can play music through this?

If you have iDrive version one, they the only option is connection an iPod/iPhone using the Y-Cable... or use a USB stick with the mp3 files on it.

If you have the new iDrive with Pro media is has the extended Bluetooth feature that allows you to select Bluetooth as an external source. Then you can stream iTunes music, Spotify, Napster, anything really from an iPhone/Andriod tablet. It's Airplay basically.

The two 116d's we've just added to the fleet at work have USB and Bluetooth, but its not the extended as standard, so no audio streaming.

No, mine is the first version - an 08. I've seen some guys have done a full conversion to the new Combox setup which looks flaming cool, but way beyond my skill and 'can be ar5ed' level! I can't even be bothered to update the controller - the prospect of having to put it all back for software updates is too much! (I do like the LCI rear lights though but even that requires a load of coding)

Yeah, I know where your coming from. I retro fitted logic7 tweeters, mids and Earthquake subs (with a 5channel amp in the boot) to my M3. Sounded awesome, but I'll never do it again!

We missed the Combox app module by a few weeks in the X5, but to be honest, having Twitter and Facebook in the iDrive screen isn't much of a loss. Album art would be quite cool though