jencki

530i vs 535d

55 posts in this topic

About half past three

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewNiceMrMe said:

Aye, whatever. :roflmao:

As we've now got the 535i as well as the 530i and 535d in the equation, I think we should throw in the 318i, M5, 650i and the 116d.  I mean, why the feck not?

What's the residuals like on those?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on the winding mechanism. Kinetic versions fetch a lot more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. Thanks for answers... i want automatic transmission.. how many km is best choice for buy ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am affraid at diesel version about solid particles filter, 2x turbo, service life for 200K+ km automatic transmission and other very expensive parts of diesels.. how many KM do automatic transmission without problems ?

Edited by jencki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buy the lowest km  530i  that  you can afford that has the best service history and is well cared for (nice bodywork/interior)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Buy the lowest km  530i  that  you can afford that has the best service history and is well cared for (nice bodywork/interior)

Yes it was my first plan, but  few days ago my friend drive me with 535d and it goes awesome so it is reason why i do this topic :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As has been said by a few above now, just because it drives better does not mean it is the best car for what you want it for!

The 5 litre M5 V10 is EVEN MORE AWESOME, why not get one of them instead if that is your sole logic for the decision?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why even consider the 535d on 10,000km per year?  It would only make sense if you wanted it for the performance - because they are very quick. 

Again though, you've said servicing costs is a concern.  If that's the case, don't buy the 535d, or the 530i, or the 535i, or anything similar.  On 2008 cars you're not going to see much difference in servicing costs.  Let's say it would be €200 more to service the diesel (for example).  If €200 more per service isn't viable for you then I would say you shouldn't be looking at the other cars either.

You could say the 535d will be return more mpg - but you're only doing 10,000km per year and performance is of interest to you - so you're probably not going to benefit from diesel economy unless you do a lot of long runs in the car.

That's me done now though because some of this just doesn't make sense in terms of the cars you're looking at and the things you say matter.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whenever I have bought an automatic car with over 120,000 miles on it, I get the automatic fluid changed.  In my Audi A8s, about £350.

My Audi diesels have got up 280,000 miles - same engine, gearbox.  No issues.

If the car is old, but has low miles - be careful!  It hasn't been used properly!!!!

Newer, with much higher miles - much better!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16. 12. 2016 at 1:53 PM, NewNiceMrMe said:

Why even consider the 535d on 10,000km per year?  It would only make sense if you wanted it for the performance - because they are very quick. 

Again though, you've said servicing costs is a concern.  If that's the case, don't buy the 535d, or the 530i, or the 535i, or anything similar.  On 2008 cars you're not going to see much difference in servicing costs.  Let's say it would be €200 more to service the diesel (for example).  If €200 more per service isn't viable for you then I would say you shouldn't be looking at the other cars either.

You could say the 535d will be return more mpg - but you're only doing 10,000km per year and performance is of interest to you - so you're probably not going to benefit from diesel economy unless you do a lot of long runs in the car.

That's me done now though because some of this just doesn't make sense in terms of the cars you're looking at and the things you say matter.  

 

service costs isnt concern... but as I said i have 2008 diesel audi with 200K km with full service book from audi service and I changed many things now - about 4 thousands euro within two years.... so i am only affraid from again changing too many things at diesel car...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You wouldn't expect to change any fewer or more things just because it's a diesel car.

Go back to the beginning - buy as new a car as you can with as few KM on it as you can with as much power as you can - all within your budget.

If you don't have a budget, buy something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did people manage to decide what car to buy before the Internet?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jencki said:

how many km has a lifetime for automatic transmission?

That's like asking how many ridiculous questions you can ask about what car to choose based on not actually knowing what you want to buy in the first place.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

???

I thinking about 535d but for my budget there is only with about 200K KM so.... my question is what lifetime has automatic transmission .... 

Edited by jencki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's like asking what lifetime does a human have. It depends how old the car is, how it's been driven, how it's been looked after.

Just go and buy a car, will you. I'm getting bored now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2016 at 5:21 PM, jencki said:

service costs isnt concern... but as I said i have 2008 diesel audi with 200K km with full service book from audi service and I changed many things now - about 4 thousands euro within two years.... so i am only affraid from again changing too many things at diesel car...

Edited by E-bmw
Feckin' thing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try again!!!!

Look, sorry to be abrupt. But, if you want a diesel, buy one, it is the wrong car for you, but buy it.

When you buy high mileage cars stuff goes wrong & costs money, if you can't afford it you are stuffed.

Life's like that sometimes.

 

After all, it is better to regret the things you did rather than didn't do!

Edited by E-bmw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're back to why I originally left the conversation then. :roflmao:

Buy a newer, lesser, car with lower miles as Mook said.  Get a third party warranty.  Problem solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mook said:

...Go back to the beginning - buy as new a car as you can with as few KM on it as you can with as much power as you can - all within your budget...

^^^ this ^^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now