530i vs 535d

jencki

I am affraid at diesel version about solid particles filter, 2x turbo, service life for 200K+ km automatic transmission and other very expensive parts of diesels.. how many KM do automatic transmission without problems ?

Edited by jencki

2 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Buy the lowest km  530i  that  you can afford that has the best service history and is well cared for (nice bodywork/interior)

Yes it was my first plan, but  few days ago my friend drive me with 535d and it goes awesome so it is reason why i do this topic :)

As has been said by a few above now, just because it drives better does not mean it is the best car for what you want it for!

The 5 litre M5 V10 is EVEN MORE AWESOME, why not get one of them instead if that is your sole logic for the decision?

Why even consider the 535d on 10,000km per year?  It would only make sense if you wanted it for the performance - because they are very quick. 

Again though, you've said servicing costs is a concern.  If that's the case, don't buy the 535d, or the 530i, or the 535i, or anything similar.  On 2008 cars you're not going to see much difference in servicing costs.  Let's say it would be €200 more to service the diesel (for example).  If €200 more per service isn't viable for you then I would say you shouldn't be looking at the other cars either.

You could say the 535d will be return more mpg - but you're only doing 10,000km per year and performance is of interest to you - so you're probably not going to benefit from diesel economy unless you do a lot of long runs in the car.

That's me done now though because some of this just doesn't make sense in terms of the cars you're looking at and the things you say matter.  

Whenever I have bought an automatic car with over 120,000 miles on it, I get the automatic fluid changed.  In my Audi A8s, about £350.

My Audi diesels have got up 280,000 miles - same engine, gearbox.  No issues.

If the car is old, but has low miles - be careful!  It hasn't been used properly!!!!

Newer, with much higher miles - much better!!!!!

On 16. 12. 2016 at 1:53 PM, NewNiceMrMe said:

Why even consider the 535d on 10,000km per year?  It would only make sense if you wanted it for the performance - because they are very quick. 

Again though, you've said servicing costs is a concern.  If that's the case, don't buy the 535d, or the 530i, or the 535i, or anything similar.  On 2008 cars you're not going to see much difference in servicing costs.  Let's say it would be €200 more to service the diesel (for example).  If €200 more per service isn't viable for you then I would say you shouldn't be looking at the other cars either.

You could say the 535d will be return more mpg - but you're only doing 10,000km per year and performance is of interest to you - so you're probably not going to benefit from diesel economy unless you do a lot of long runs in the car.

That's me done now though because some of this just doesn't make sense in terms of the cars you're looking at and the things you say matter.  

service costs isnt concern... but as I said i have 2008 diesel audi with 200K km with full service book from audi service and I changed many things now - about 4 thousands euro within two years.... so i am only affraid from again changing too many things at diesel car...

You wouldn't expect to change any fewer or more things just because it's a diesel car.

Go back to the beginning - buy as new a car as you can with as few KM on it as you can with as much power as you can - all within your budget.

If you don't have a budget, buy something else.

On 12/15/2016 at 5:21 PM, jencki said:

service costs isnt concern... but as I said i have 2008 diesel audi with 200K km with full service book from audi service and I changed many things now - about 4 thousands euro within two years.... so i am only affraid from again changing too many things at diesel car...

Edited by E-bmw
Feckin' thing!

Try again!!!!

Look, sorry to be abrupt. But, if you want a diesel, buy one, it is the wrong car for you, but buy it.

When you buy high mileage cars stuff goes wrong & costs money, if you can't afford it you are stuffed.

Life's like that sometimes.

After all, it is better to regret the things you did rather than didn't do!

Edited by E-bmw