What do people think of Range Rovers

AlexLoach

[ QUOTE ]

The bird has just bought a 4.6 hse on an S plate. fully colour coded and fully loaded, runs on petrol and lpg....................??????

[/ QUOTE ]

Id get a slap for refering to the smlove2.gif as "The bird"....i hope yours doesn't read this.

Cant see why she'd want one....they drink fuel, handle like a pig, go slowly......but they do look quite cool......

• 2 weeks later...

I had an old 1980 3 door range rover about 12 years ago, it was slow, diesel converted and made loads of smoke, but a lot of fun to drive and it could go anywhere. It also out 'off-roaded' all the Jap stuff around at that time and my proudest moment was towing a brand spanking new LWB Shogun out of a wet field cos he got stuck!

Downside was the horrendous cost of oily bits and the newer models from what i read didn't fair much better in the realibity stakes.

Apparently new diesel owners with the 2.5TD chip them to get a more reasonable performance. Back in the late 80's there was a company called Hartage who did a petrol V8 conversion which was quite awesome and made the Range Rover quick! I think it was a tuned big bore engine mod with lowered suspension, uprated auto box, sports tyres on the standard 3 spoke alloys and the only give aways were the ride height, engine bay grills in the front side wings and different exhaust.

Ah the memories....

[ QUOTE ]

Just get the Cayenne T. 100x better than any of the comp. To me no contest znaika.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

On the road maybe in terms of speed but off road not a patch on a Range Rover. But as Cayenne are for drug dealers driving round London, Essex, Manchester etc. the off road capabilty doesn't interest them! smashfreakB.gif

also have you read how all the Cayenne that had the springs rather than air suspension are sitting on dealers forecourts becasue they role like a pig!

Alex, you been taking nob pills again.

I can guarentee that most of ther drug dealers I know don't drive around in £60k 4x4s.

Its a urban myth that most dealers have nice cars, I have never seen one with a nice motor in 10 years working in the most deprived areas of Birmingham.

Most are just using dealing to support there own heavy habits or if they are making straight cash why would you advertise to the old bill that you your obviously doing something illegal.

Anyway back on topic. I like Range Rovers often thought of getting one second hand and getting it LPG converted.