Bluetooth question

century_one

Just ordered an Avant with GSM mobile prep in front armrest. I realise this has a bluetooth connection that allows handsfree calls but what is the bluetooth interface and charger that is mentioned in the A4 brochure?

Brochure quote:

GSM mobile telephone preparation in front centre armrest with hands-free function, Bluetooth interface, roof aerial for optimal reception (Avant only) and charger. A phone adapter is required at extra cost.

Please see your Audi Centre for phone compatibility and full details. Must be combined with multi-function steering wheel and DIS.

And what is the adapter that is available at extra cost and what does it do?

Thanks! confused.gif

The list of phones which you can get a cradle for is VERY short, and cradles don't tend to appear until a LONG time after a phone goes on sale.

Personally I don't see the point in having a ugly cradle in the car - OK you get coverage in fringe areas, but there isn't many of those where I live & drive, and you get your phone charged, but most phones have batteries that last more than a week - so what's the point?

Once you have paired your phone the address book will transfer automatically. (if your phone is 100% compatible that is)

when I paired my Nokia N73, the contacts wouldn't transfer automatically -but i fixed it using a small program on the phone that was designed to sync with nokia's 'car phone'.

Once you have done this, the car will inform you of a call on the central DIS and away you go.

(your sim card stays in your phone and I use a charger to keep the phone battery topped up)

Hope this helps.