1000bhp/tonne caterham and atom

Drinks

[ QUOTE ]

Atom for me please!! The Caterham looks great but £115K !!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well considering an Atom 300 with all the carbon options ticked comes in at just under 70K and this has those as standard, I can't see that there is going to be a massive price difference betwen the two. Is this the same engine as the Caparo T1 has?

As for too much power it's hard to say but considering how light they both are I'd imagine getting the power down could be interesting.

Having driven the 300 briefly I can't imagine how a normal person could possibly cope with so much power.

Must admit I like the side scoops but not sure about the gold frame/Dymags.

1303738-atom.jpg

post-7269-137914412813_thumb.jpg

Pointless. In 99% of everyday road driving conditions, the 'standard' 245 / 370 will be as quick. In fact, the lighter, more nimble, less stiff Toyota engined models would probably be quicker and more confidence inspiring - plus they'd have a better weight distribution.

Same old debabte - a GT3 would be quicker down most country roads than a Murcielago, and an Impreza P1 would be quicker than a GT3.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Either 169144-ok.gif

I probably wouldnt live very long. yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You wouldn't have lived very long if we got further than the end of my road in the megablade EEK2.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.gif not fecking wrong there mate ! EEK2.GIF

We must catch up soon when the weather is better. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

i am not sure id have either to be honest. that much power in a little thing like that is madness even for me. I think id prob have to go down the caparo t1 route if i really had too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, and worst case scenario, we could at least have a decent bar-be-que afterwards. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

i am not sure id have either to be honest. that much power in a little thing like that is madness even for me. I think id prob have to go down the caparo t1 route if i really had too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, and worst case scenario, we could at least have a decent bar-be-que afterwards. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the one that JC drove with all the safety cars/fire brigade/ambulance etc on the TG track? That broke down a few times with the need for the whole production crew to support it?

[ QUOTE ]

Is that the one that JC drove with all the safety cars/fire brigade/ambulance etc on the TG track? That broke down a few times with the need for the whole production crew to support it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that's the one.

I'm a bit confused as to who this is marketed at, who spends this kind of money on this type of car?

Surely you could buy a dedicated track car and race it for a season for 100k?

These cars are going to be too hardcore for even the most dedicated of people who want the bragging rights of 1000bhp/tonne. As it must be an ego thing to have the latest, greatest etc...

I see Caterham are saying that any purchaser must have a 2 day handling course as a condition of sale.

For me it's madness, even if I could afford one, there is no way I'd spend that kind of money on something like this. I just don't get it. confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that's the one.

I'm a bit confused as to who this is marketed at, who spends this kind of money on this type of car?

Surely you could buy a dedicated track car and race it for a season for 100k?

These cars are going to be too hardcore for even the most dedicated of people who want the bragging rights of 1000bhp/tonne. As it must be an ego thing to have the latest, greatest etc...

I see Caterham are saying that any purchaser must have a 2 day handling course as a condition of sale.

For me it's madness, even if I could afford one, there is no way I'd spend that kind of money on something like this. I just don't get it. confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your probably right. Most people spending that sort of money would go for a proper track car. You could have a fully blown 650bhp CSL race car for that etc. These are probably PR vehicles to show what the cars are really capable of.

However there are 2 tech9 machines out for sale I would take any day over one of the above cars. Taken from Pure GT:

With all the talk on this forum about people looking to buy 997 Cup cars I thought I would post the details of the Tech9 machines that have appeared for sale on Daily Sportscar.

Two Tech 9 997 GT3 Cup Cars For Sale

Both Championship Winners

WPOZZZ99Z6S798118

Championship winning car FIA GT3 2006, maintained to exacting standards/life programme.

2006 – FIA GT3 Championship 5 rounds

2007 – FIA GT3 Championship 5 rounds

British GT Championship 4 rounds

Has been upgraded with the FIA Homologated EVO upgrade kit, that extends the standard 997 GT3 Cup with the following extra specification:

100 Litre FIA Homologated FT3 Fuel cell

Sachs 4-way adjustable dampers

RSR Uniball suspension links

RSR double adjustable blade anti-roll bars

Wide track front with 10J x 18” front wheels

Carbon front fenders (increased width)

Carbon 1 piece front bumper with adjustable splitter

Rear wing mounts with optimised Aero

As raced very competitively in British GT 2007, consistently the fastest Porsche, with a P2 and P4 overall in the final rounds at Rockingham.

The car has been prepared with extensive new parts fitted, with the engine having had a major overhaul May 2007, and only 5 races since. The gearbox was overhauled prior to the last race that the car entered, FIAGT3 Dubai

Price - €140,000 + Tax

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WPOZZZ99Z6S798122

Carrera Cup Pro-Am Championship winning car 2006

2006 – Carrera Cup GB

2007 – FIA GT3 Championship 4 rounds

As raced in 2006 by Phil Quaife to the 2006 Pro-Am title.

Competed in only 4 rounds FIA GT3 Championship in 2007. The car suffered accidental damage during the Bucharest street race and was subject to an extensive repair, with new bodyshell, and numerous replacement parts. Only 1 race since FIA GT3 Brno.

The engine was overhauled at the start of the season, and has 14 hours since. The gearbox was fully overhauled with new crownwheel and pinion and has covered 8 hours.