UBM

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

Finally, on the new car front, I've recently witnessed the bizarre phenomenon of car salesmen seeming not to want to sell cars. I recently test drove a new car from a "quality German" dealership. Liked it very much indeed. Told the sales guy that I'd have one, told him there'd be no p/x, that I'd work out the spec and he could quote me his best deal. Also that I'd be asking another dealer to do the same and would go with the best deal. I worked out exactly what I wanted (very high spec, options came to virtually 1/2 the base price of the car!). Dropped the spec in (chap was on day off), phoned him the next day to make sure he had it. Yup, no probs, would come back to me with his best price. And that's the last I ever heard of him (a couple of weeks ago!!) Since ordered the car elsewhere. Genuinely bizarre. crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing isn't it? I had this exact scenario with a BMW dealership in Bradford. It was the guys first week there and he laboured the point that he ALWAYS looks after his customers. He even went as far as to send me a BMW postcard saying how nice it was to meet me yada yada yada. Never bother actually coming back to me with a price. I spoke to the dealer principal who was very concerned his new start was not following things up. The DP said he'd get back to me with an explanation and also a "cracking deal" on a new BMW. THat was 2 years ago....still waiting.

Same everywhere, I will try and find my post on the mini forum when I tried to buy a 535d and a Mini One D two years ago, that was £60k, both cars were in stock and wanted to buy them, I called back 6 times and went in 3 times, the manager locked himself in the office as soon as he could see I was not pleased and sent some sales girl out to relay my questions and his answers!!

Bought the 535d off Scott for £6k less and the Mini off someone else for £4k less, so worked out well, but you do wonder?!

Funninly enough the reason I was looking at BMWs again in the first place was because Audi had really annoyed me, I made 5 calls and two visits to buy a 3.0 cab sport they had, then when he finally called me he had just let it go to another dealer!!

I had even offered the receptionist a deposit if all the sales people were busy!!!

Same with the allroad they had, went in on a Saturday as it was exactly the spec I wanted and a fair price, everyone was busy, said I would take it if they would throw in a roof box and she said she would get someone to call me that afternoon, I called at 5.25pm to be told they had all gone home, but someone would call me tomorrow, I went down and the guy there could not do a deal himself, but would call me on Monday after speaking to the sales manager. It was a £28k car and a £400 roofbox F F S!!

No call on the Monday, so I called at 5pm, he had forgot to ask!

Called on Tuesday afternoon and they had sold it over the phone that morning, and had the feckin' nerve to tell me 'You need to be a bit more on the ball with cars like this.'

"You fekin' cheeky twtat!!"

Oh, and I got a call a year later saying they had one in stock if I wanted to pop down and have a look!! smashfreakB.gif

They are all the same, customer was just telling me his Rolls was in for a service two weeks ago, regular 36k mile service, £495 and takes a day.

Two weeks later the car is still not back, it is in pieces and they can't order the parts as they are doing a stock take!!

He was going to buy a Bentley from them too.

To say he is a little bit miffed is an understatement.

Pathetic - they deserve to go out of business.

The sales guy I dealt with at Stephen James BMW never once returned an email. I wouldnt mind if he just didnt have an email address - but if you have one on your card; USE IT!

It's because commission based salaries have all but disappeared in the industry. Most dealers now give "targets" that will yield bonuses. Problem is that targets can often be easily met via a few company car leasing deals etc and beyond that, your average car salesman can't be arsed chasing sales - or even being chased for sales!!

• 7 months later...

Briefly - bought used Audi A3 from Peter Gilder Audi in Sheffield - eventually rejected after it had almost £4000 of work done in first 3 weeks. After months of aggro with PGA saying they would find me an exchange and doin sweet FA I finally had to find own replacement car (a car I had given them details of but they told me it was sold!!!!!) and asked for money back. Had been told all sorts of lies - such as Audi UK had been contacted and would make contribution towards replacement - Ha! We knew PGA hadn't contacted them.

Am currently in contact with Audi UK after contacting them myself regarding behaviour of PGA and fact that I was put in position of having 2 days to find another car as am partially disabled and need automatic and PGA would only give me a manual - automatic was due in and was reserved for me but got there and found they had given it to another customer. Finally had to take a car that I had not set out to buy in the beginning. Now have blue car instead of red and only about 4 of the specs that I had on original car. Know it sounds girlie being bothered about colour but I DO love cars and wanted a car that would make my eldest son jealous and annoy boy racers.

Audi UK have offered me £500 of Audi vouchers - so they get their money back in coffers one way or another.

I really want to know if it is worth my while contacting Jeremy Hicks with this as the original car was sold with

• incomplete 100+ point check (stopped at number 86)
  • had major transmission fault - auto box stuck in 3rd and revs wouldn't go above 1200
  • faulty drivers seat belt
  • needing 2 new rear shock absorbers
  • duff CD player
  • loose centre rear headrest - which finally flew off when I braked sharply

PGA had 5 attempts to fix car, then we discovered it had been in a collision and had been resprayed rear, front and drivers side, the bonnet was out of alignment and there were small shards of glass in boot.

Audi UK have offered £500 for 'inconvenience'. It wouldn't even cover my bill for diesel whilst trying to find a replacement car as PGA couldn't even find the 8 that I did on their website.

Sorry this post is so long but this is the brief version. WE have kept log of everything that happened and that runs to 7 pages!!!!!!

Audi UK have all this info as I sent it to them - they refuse to do anything saying that PGA are not their responsibility.

Is it worth me wasting more time and effort sending all info to Jeremy? Can anyone advise?

Jennit

That's a difficult one, and quite a position to be in. Unfortunately for you, PGA are a franchised dealer (as all of them are) and are nothing to do with Audi UK in terms of company.. however Audi UK do have a duty of care to make sure PGA are doing their job properly, which invariably they don't.

However I would certainly consider going as far as you can and of course as far as you can go is Jeremy Hicks. It wouldn't do you any harm for you to send a full email of your case to him with the hope that something more satisfying comes of it.

Best of luck with your plight, and welcome to TSN! :beer:

Edited by shark_90

As above and Welcome to TSN.

They have let you down and Audi as a result, they can't walk away from the big badge and name on the side of the building. Audi UK and the dealership need to do all they can to uphold the quality and service that you should receive for a premium marque. +++

.. however Audi UK do have a duty of care to make sure PGA are doing their job properly, which invariably they don't.

You said it... but on the other hand they have to find the £15 million for the new site from somewhere... :rolleyes::eek:

Write to Jeremy Hicks, write to Gary Scotting, Chief Exec / Head Honcho of the Gilder Group and tell him what you think of them...

Hope you get it sorted...

Chas

Thanks guys

This is a real ongoing saga - Audi UK phoned me last night basically they are offering me

• £500 of Audi vouchers
  • spray the blue car garnet red (with all subsequent problems of quality of finish and logbook renewal
  • exchange my blue car for a red one in Reading - similar age, similar miles, similar specs BUT I would have to strike the deal with Reading and that means that I can only have the red car if I pay the book price for it and they will only offer me trade in of less than £12000 for a car I paid £16000 for only 4 months ago (yes, I do know there is a credit crunch on). It also means that Audi basically sit back and do nothing whilst again, I have to do all the running around and sorting out and bearin the financial loss

Have decided to go to the top and e-mail Jeremy Hicks. Will forward him all the docs I have sent to Audi UK and also the 'proposals'. Audi UK due to phone me tonight - husband spoke to them last night and told them that if they don't 'turn this experience into a positive one' then he is going to publicise what has happened with every media outlet he can. Girl dealing with things has NOW agreed to approach the Area Manager. So she obviously can't make any decisions.

Will keep you posted - we have made some proposals of our own and will wait to see what Area Manager sanctions - if not acceptable will blast off e-mail and documents to Jeremy.

Thanks again