Joined the diesel brigade

Drinks

So the A4 Cab has gone has been replaced by an A4 2.0tdi Sline spec ed. Probably not the most sensible idea buying a new car at end of a model life but I'm pleased.

Thanks to Alastair from Stratford Audi for a painless purchase, excellent communication throughout the deal. I honestly can't recommend him highly enough.

A few piccies

1316004-a4001.jpg

1316004-a4002.jpg

1316004-a4003.jpg

post-7269-137914413869_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Is it quattro? I've driven a 170 quattro Avant and although the engine was very tight (brand new) I thought it drove very well 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No quattro. As great as it is I couldn't justify the extra expense in terms of initial outlay/fuel economy and tyres. Time will tell if that was a good move or not. I hated the way my 1.8T had wheelspin at any hint of damp road/making progress from a stop. I have a sneaky suspicion this may well be the same.

Engine was very tight on drive home. Any ideas how long they take to loosen up?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Is it quattro?

[/ QUOTE ]

No quattro. As great as it is I couldn't justify the extra expense in terms of initial outlay/fuel economy and tyres.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you intend to drift around like Ari Vatanen, a quattro will cost less in tyres than a fwd.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Is it quattro?

[/ QUOTE ]

No quattro. As great as it is I couldn't justify the extra expense in terms of initial outlay/fuel economy and tyres.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you intend to drift around like Ari Vatanen, a quattro will cost less in tyres than a fwd.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't drift (don't tell Woppum about this thread or he'll be telling us all that you can only drift in an M3 tongue.gif ) but as a heavier car though, I would say it would be worse on tyres - all the Quattros I've owned haven't been too kind on tyres.