Oh dear

Ari

I got the impression he was just pushing it too hard. I mean, obviously he's going flat out for the best lap time which was fair enough but...

Anyway, more importantly I thought the car looked magnificent in Moro Blue with those 18 inch RSTT alloys notworthy.gif

I have a 1.8T and don't intend getting a 3.2 so I'm not trying to defend the 3.2...however.

[1] It beat the R32 round the track.

[2] When I drove one at Oulton I had the same problems...to start with. I was then told how to drive it and it did dial out a lot of the understeer to about the same as a unmodified 1.8T. The Stig was over driving it and simply demonstrated he wasn't sure what to do with a quattro. If Perry had been doing it, I'm sure it would have been a different story.

Now, what shall I wear today......

Totally agree with the comments above...

and this goes for all the cars mags too..

Not enough of the fast guys are used to driving quattro.. they try to slide the tail out as if rear wheel drive, but this cause a quattro car to push it's nose wide...

I feel that the stig needed to be more precise with the steering and more aggressive with the wheel too!

Dave

This is what I put on the TT forum:

The first bit of the review was pretty good (admitidly when the car was standing still) when they were describing the look of the car, and I'm sure they said that in the studio at the end of the slot too.

But the bits about the image of the drivers did seem to drag on a bit. Seems to me that JC is angry with the image of the TT rather than the car and even Audi itself. Perhaps he really wants the TT not to have this image and foricng the issue will make people realise, hang on a min the TT drivers I know are not necessarily like that!

Personnaly if I am critisced for being too stylish then so bie it, it is what being a modern man is all about these days, especialy growing up in the club culture type image we have had for the last 10 years or so.

Then again I could also be diismissed as a Gothic rock loving IT geek with too much disposable income...who knows, who cares?

JC did rave about the RS6 and S4, so I guess he does like Audis. Just not necessarily coupes I find.

Glad to own a car which causes so much debate and people still look at it rather than who is driving it after all!

Ciao fa now got to get ready. jump.gif

beerchug.gif

TT cheer up monies:

Clip 1 (short)

Clip 2 (longer, with RS4)

For what it's worth, me thinks TT's are cool! cool.gif Besides, Top Gear isn't always very consistant (let alone scientific). So who cares what they say?

So far they said the BMW M3 is seriously uncool, the 911 is crap, the Z1 of mrs. Jezza is a cool car (yeah right!), as is the Fiat Multipla (!), etc.

All of which I totally disagree with.

I distincly remember them putting the 911 before all Italian sports cars a few years ago. I'm very curious what happened since (Jezza buying a Ferrari may have had something to do with it), but suddenly it seems to be altogether different... ROLLEY~14.GIF

Don't get me wrong, I think it's usually a highly entertaining car show, but that's about it.

And you know what they say about opinions eh? wink.gif

beerchug.gif