Yet another 19" wheel question....

n8ckh

Apologies for another wheel/tyre/suspension thread but I need someone's expert advice!

I want to put some 19s on my '03 cab sport but am a little concerned that the car will look ridiculous if I don't lower it, which is something I really don't want to do.

What are your thoughts?

I've got those wheels in 18" on my S4 and they'll be the same but 19" on my new A4.

I like them but they are very common now. The choices I had for the new A4 are limited (or expensive) and since I like them I went with them. If I was buying replica's then I'd probably go for something else now.

What wheels are they Scotty? Have you got any photos of your car that I could have a look at?

Current car (bear in mind it's an S4 hence lowered by default) 18" wheels (I can't find a decent picture of it where it's not loaded up and hence lower or going around a track and hence not showing the true height!) :

s4.jpg

Next car : Sports suspension (20mm drop and 19" wheels)

A4_colour.jpg

Simple answer is don't put 19" wheels on an A4 - the ride will be rock hard.

If you're going to spend your money, stick to 18" wheels and put some decent suspension on the car - you can geta full KW setup for under a grand +++

Hi, I'll have to disagree with Mook on that one - not sure if he's had a4 cabs, but suspension is nothing like the tintops. cab suspension is softer because of additional weight of front windscreen and roof mech etc.

In any case, you'll notice no ride difference with 19's. I've got them on mine, do 25-30k/miles a year with no problemos. I've put aftermarket wheels on every audi i've had, tintops and softtops with no ride difference.

here's mine after its quarterly 15 minute wash :grin: ....

attachment.php?attachmentid=35841&stc=1&d=1237944298

post-3588-137914430511_thumb.jpg

Hi chav, how big are the wheels on the B6?

nice cars by the way!

Cheers. The B6 has 18" nuvolaris on the pic. But 19s look fine too. The wheels are bigger, and tyres smaller, so if anything big wheels fill arches more in appearance terms, making suspension look lower than it is.

I'll recommend wheel-base.co.uk again. Bought many sets from them. about £ 650 for 4x19" wheels with kumho or similar tyres. +++

***Sorry for hijacking this thread, it saves me spamming a new one***:o

Is anyone running a B6 with 19's on with standard suspension?

Cheers to Chav for the info on wheels for my car, your B7 looks great on the 19's, your suspension still looks low enough. +++

I still can't make up my mind if i want to put 19's on my car or play safe and go for 18's. Don't want the B6 too look to high on 19's, cos i'll want to lower it, but them again if i go for 18's and don't think they're big enough, i'll still lower it bout 25mm...Help me please...for the love of god, help me!!! :ffs::ffs::ffs:

It's a choice between 19" RS4 copies in silver or 18" RS4's in polished silver or 18" Gallardo copies in silver :rolleyes:

I know that i'll go from 235/45x17 up to 235/40x18 on 18's & 235/35x19 on 19's & it will lift the car slightly cos of the bigger rim even though it's a smaller sidewall on the tyres, but i don't want it too look jacked up.

Here's how it sits on the standard 17's with 235/45x17 tyres just now & i don't think the suspension looks to high like my previous cars did on 17's & had to be lowered.

Sorry for being a pain in the archibald guys but this is getting stressful now!!!:mad:

post-26559-137914430656_thumb.jpg

Edited by Barry#1
I'm a boaby!!!

Hi just thought i would add a couple of pic of my avant with the 19s on i have had no problems with the car ride i do however get a very light scrub noise ir im reverseing on full lock thats the only problem but it don't happen all the time i have also put a pic of the car on with the standard wheels on the 19s are genuine audi wheels

old wheels 1st

audia4.jpg

now for the 19s

audiwithwheelson.jpg

audi2.jpg

Gorgeous looking avant you have there.

I've decided on 19's for my B6 as i've seen a few on Audi-Sport.net that look great.

Need to make up my mind now what ones to go for....RS4's or polished/gunmetal RS8's :confused:

I've also seen different copies of RS4's, some spokes are quite straight and some styles the spokes are slightly bent :confused:

Edited by Barry#1