Is it me or have E92 M3 prices firmed up in the last month?

Mollox

Definately, lack of new registrations has resulted in used cars being bought up more quickly and the prices that were around in December are not around now. Be interesting to see how long this lasts for though, considering all the negative news that seems to be still coming out about :znalika:.

BTW - BMW have dropped a shed load of delivery mileage M3s on the BMW UK site, registered in as 58 platers in Feb but as new with nominal mileage and decent spec. Saloons at 40k, Coupes at 42/45k, Cabs 45k. Will be paying the dealer a visit this weekend :secret:

It seems that some dealers just aren't getting the sales and thus the trade-ins.

Was talking to someone yesterday and they said the dealer they normally visit is crying out for good used cars. It seems some dealers have sold the cars fairly cheaply to keep the money moving but now they don't have enough to sell so the prices are going up.

Classic supply and demand I guess. :confused:

Got my 08 E92 Coupe for £35k with 6k miles on and that included some nice dealer 'sweetners' thrown in.

Im starting to think I got a bargain...

Also, even the prices on the ML63 have gone up, some were hovering around 38-40, it seems now 42-45 is more realistic.

• 2 weeks later...
Seems that there were some unfeasably good bargains a couple of months ago.

Was expecting to see prices slide further but they seem to be higher (for what you get) than a few weeks back...

Could just be supply drying up I suppose?

The supply of a great many used prestige cars has dried up hugely from the last quarter of '08. This has meant that values are-for the most part-going up and used cars that are priced correctly are selling.

• 2 months later...

Its the same with most top end models. For example MINI dealers can't get enough well spec'd Cooper S / Works and are paying more for them now then they sold them (used models) for at the start of the year. As gizze said there's a shortage of decent cars which will only get worse as the year progresses.

• 6 months later...

I have no idea if this means anything but a couple of weeks ago (for shitzus and gigolos in another thread) I popped my reg into webuyanycar.

Wasn't very impressed with the offer (I reckon it was low by 5-6k - although what do I know?). However...

I've had 2 emails from them in the last 2 weeks, each time congratulating me, saying my car has gone up in value (they haven't seen the wheels...) and increasing their offer by about £1k each time.

Of course, it could be part of their e-marketing strategy - i.e. the first bid is a tester and they get increasingly serious but I find it interesting that the offer is going up in decent chunks each week at the moment!

I have no idea if this means anything but a couple of weeks ago (for shitzus and gigolos in another thread) I popped my reg into webuyanycar.

Wasn't very impressed with the offer (I reckon it was low by 5-6k - although what do I know?). However...

I've had 2 emails from them in the last 2 weeks, each time congratulating me, saying my car has gone up in value (they haven't seen the wheels...) and increasing their offer by about £1k each time.

Of course, it could be part of their e-marketing strategy - i.e. the first bid is a tester and they get increasingly serious but I find it interesting that the offer is going up in decent chunks each week at the moment!

Think it might be their marketing plan - I've had the same thing after throwing the VXR8 registration in a few weeks ago!

Definately, lack of new registrations has resulted in used cars being bought up more quickly and the prices that were around in December are not around now. Be interesting to see how long this lasts for though, considering all the negative news that seems to be still coming out about :znalika:.

BTW - BMW have dropped a shed load of delivery mileage M3s on the BMW UK site, registered in as 58 platers in Feb but as new with nominal mileage and decent spec. Saloons at 40k, Coupes at 42/45k, Cabs 45k. Will be paying the dealer a visit this weekend :secret:

Best have another look prices on the UP.