Who would you like to see as the next England manager?

NewNiceMrMe

Who should replace Capello>  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Capello>

• Stuart Pearce
    • David Beckham
    • Harry Redknapp
    • Steve Bruce
    • Sam Allardyce
    • Martin O'Neill
    • Roy Hodgson
    • Steve McClaren
    • Ian Holloway
    • Other

I don't think the team should be managed by one person, controversial I know, but I think it could be managed successfully by a committee of the countries most successful managers, players and pundits.

Wether that would be allowed by the FA is another thing entirely.

I don't think the team should be managed by one person, controversial I know, but I think it could be managed successfully by a committee of the countries most successful managers, players and pundits.

Wether that would be allowed by the FA is another thing entirely.

I agree, it's a no win situation for a manager so the above makes sense.

Taptalk doesn't show a poll being available.

I said Ian Holloway just because I'd like to see him Manage England "one day" and can't see any of the others getting the nod. (I'm never going to vote for 'appy 'arry 'otspur :P)

Getting the group of players he has working together so well and playing great football is what the England Manager's job should be all about +++ And yes, a few rants afterwards would keep me glued to the telly after the game too :grin:

I'd also like to see less money spent on England Manager's wages. To think we have the highest paid manager on the International scene is embarrassing.

Will a new Manager really make a difference ?? I just thought that most players (who'd potentially be selected for England) were not that interested in International Football any more, focusing on the fact that the Premiership is more luctative ? :znalika:

Will a new Manager really make a difference ?? I just thought that most players (who'd potentially be selected for England) were not that interested in International Football any more, focusing on the fact that the Premiership is more luctative ? :znalika:

Dead right there... There was a time when playing for England was greatest goal in the career of a footballer. I don't think there is the same "honour" amongst players now. To push and stretch themselves to get a place in the side. Compare and contrast other sports. To play in an All Blacks jersey is the ultimate goal of every rugby player in NZ. Likewise for many other Rugby playing countires....A high point in their life (not just playing career). Players sacrifice much higher paying places in sides in other countries (Only players who play in NZ can play for the All Blacks). Football is all about money now.... Playing for your country is a side issue.

The manager who can instill that pride and desire in the players would get my vote.

agrees . Obviously when it comes to motivation and stirring the pride of the players someone who speaks english would make a massive difference. Capello would be far more effective doing this for the Italian team than ours. True whats been said about wages as well....renegotiated BEFORE the tournament and not even performance related...wonder if any of the FA would like to buy a car off me....Id do them a great deal : )

What, and bring in a spend-thrift? :nono: Let Harry spend some more £££ in January, then when they have no champions league next season, watch all of them feck off for peanuts, or better still sit on their £££ wages :D Harry's not a great manager, he just has charisma. It'll wear off the more his talent (or lack of) shows through +++

For the NEXT England manager I think Pearce would be a good, solid choice. He's involved in the set up and has the respect of the players (as has already been mentioned) not to mention the fans would be right behind him. These are the key issues and a good assistant can provide tactical help if he needs it. How have England U-21 been doing so far, pretty good, no?

But since when have the FA done anything sensible?

Harry's not a great manager, he just has charisma. It'll wear off the more his talent (or lack of) shows through +++

I'm really not sure how you can say that when you look at his achievements. Whilst he has had the odd disaster here and there, most managers have.

However, after decades of dreadful disappointment what he has done at Spurs is nothing short of miraculous. On that basis alone he deserves his shot. Any team that hammers the reigning European Champions in their first time in the Champions League and gets to the second round isn't managed by someone who 'isn't a great manager'.

He stopped Bournemouth going down in his first season there when it looked as certain as the tide coming in. He then oversaw the exit of Man United in the FA Cup at the hands of Bournemouth in one of the biggest FA Cup shocks of all-time. Then they went on to win the old Third division.

He brought stability to West Ham and was responsible for bringing Rio Ferdinand, Joe Cole, Michael Carrick and Frank Lampard through its academy. He then won the Championship with Portsmouth getting them into the Premier League.

After the Southampton debacle he then won the FA Cup with Portsmouth, knocking out Man United again en route.

He's much more than a character or a bloke with charisma - he is a proven man manager and motivator, and that's what is needed for the England job. I also think he possesses the passion that is needed and enough strategic acumen to make things happen.

For the NEXT England manager I think Pearce would be a good, solid choice. He's involved in the set up and has the respect of the players (as has already been mentioned) not to mention the fans would be right behind him. These are the key issues and a good assistant can provide tactical help if he needs it. How have England U-21 been doing so far, pretty good, no?

He wouldn't have my backing. England could have done much better at U-21 level actually and have one of the most talented squads in the world - but if you've watched much of their games or play in major tournaments you'll know that tactics have been shocking at times, and substitutions have been baffling to say the least. He has no real managerial background and an assistant is all well and good - but the manager still has to know when he's getting crap advice.

I don't think he'd be a sensible appointment. It's be one from the heart for a man who wore the badge and shirt with pride. But it needs more than that and he doesn't have it in my opinion.