The TSN Diet and Exercise Thread.

billy2shots

I know that, I always weigh at the same time of day - first thing in the morning after i've done my business, I just like to see the daily fluctuations and think about what's causing them, it makes it more interesting and I like stats :)

Here's one for you - have you ever weighed yourself before you've taken a dump and then afterwards? I never have and I reckon I should - I wonder of all the weight of food I take in how much comes out when I'm done with it...

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ones I got in Tesco are made by Salter, they work perfectly, no point spending silly amounts of money if you don't need to.

They are glass so look quite nice too, and the results mirror almost exactly those my doctor measured, so I'm not worried about accuracy, as they are spot on.

Re weighing before and after a poo, that was a staple boyhood game!

Here's one for you - have you ever weighed yourself before you've taken a dump and then afterwards? I never have and I reckon I should - I wonder of all the weight of food I take in how much comes out when I'm done with it...

Have I? Wouldn't like to say.

Of course I have.

I remember seeing one of those celebrity fat club shows a few years ago and one of the lardy DJ's lost 3lbs in a week. The American trainer guy screamed at him "3lbs! 3lbs! I could sh!t 3 lbs"

It's true, you can...

*awaits Mooks "Challenge Accepted!" reply*

Do you think we need to set up a separate 'fitness food' thread just for posts on food and drink to help with fitness goals......or just carry on posting here?

I am looking for some interesting low carb dinner suggestions.

I had a tuna nicoise salad last night after the gym....but keen for any recommendations.

And thanks to mook for his input on these fitness threads. It's good having someone knowledgeable on board.

+++

Second that on Mook +++

Low carb meals - you could try cottage/shepherds pie but use mashed cauliflower on the top, depending on what kind if diet you're in you could add a little cheese to make it taste a bit better and lots of pepper and a bit of salt, tastes alright!

I try that cauliflower mash, never thought of that before.

My gf has a folder full of recipes she's cut out of various running/ fitness magazines and makes one of them each week.

With winter coming in it'll be mucho vegetables - steamed rather than boiled to death. Those of you cranking up the exercise should be paying attention to green stuff for muscle repair and IIRC iron rich stuff like spinach for blood oxygen transport.

We also use turkey mince instead of lamb/ beef in bolognese etc as it's much leaner. In fact we eat a lot of turkey, mainly because chickens are filthy.

And fruit at every meal +++ Maybe that's why I poop every day after lunch like clockwork :grin:

One little tip I've heard/read...

If you have a collection of left over vegetables, making them into a soup fills you up for longer than just eating cooked.

Homemade soups are great. Any veg we have that's getting a bit ropey for having with meals gets made into soup. So cauli, broccoli, carrot, parsnips, peppers, onions etc are all game. Just add stock (made from cubes), seasoning/chillis/garlic and cook. I blend it as I prefer it like that. If you want to leave it chunky but thicken it, chuck in a handful of lentils or chick peas.

garcon - can you remember the leeks I came home with after a rather bizarre night out?*

Some of the soups I made with those leeks were brilliant. You'll struggle to find a better or nicer way to consume veg in my opinion.

*After popping out for a couple of quiet pints with a few mates, I came home at silly o'clock and woke up to discover I had a binbag full of giant leeks, a lemon and a bottle of Irish Knights (Asda Baileys) with a raffle ticket stuck to it. Over the next day or 2 I pieced together what had happened :uhoh:

Jesus I'd get bored shitless riding that non-stop in the garage. Have you got a TV or music as well?

Have you thought about trying Spinning at your local gym? Yes, I know it's going to cost and it's bloody hard work (or it should be!), but doing that kind of thing as part of a group with an instructor shouting at you will do a load more for you +++

I just ride my exercise bike in my crammed full of rubbish garage, put on the iPod, stare at a brick and listen to the music. The only thing that would appeal in going to the gym would be to watch a fit bird peddaling away in front of me, knowing my luck though I'd get a heffalump or some bloke with a builder crack!

:bike:

I just ride my exercise bike in my crammed full of rubbish garage, put on the iPod, stare at a brick and listen to the music. The only thing that would appeal in going to the gym would be to watch a fit bird peddaling away in front of me, knowing my luck though I'd get a heffalump or some bloke with a builder crack!

:bike:

So that tells me you've never tried it.

Honest answer? There's very few people at my gym who will properly give Spinning a go (or RPM as it's now called). It looks like hard work because it is, but there's no point in doing it if one of your goals isn't fitness and/or losing weight.

Which is what I thought your goal is...?

RPM is great fun! Turbo trainers aren't.

Best thing about RPM is you can do it in winter, in lunchtime, and get through a reported ~500 calories. Because you aren't going anywhere I find it easier to work harder because you can just back off instantly.

Also good fun getting the RPM indicator to blank out because you are spinning too fast (a good side affect of using a single speed in real life).

Mook - yes I want to lose weight and get fitter but there's doing it at a slow and steady pace from a starting point of 0 and going all out and killing myself in a spinning class, plus I have neither the inclination, time nor money to sign up to a gym and go regularly. +++