The TSN Diet and Exercise Thread.

billy2shots

Right according to the wii, I'm just under 14 stone with a bmi of 26.37 (overweight).

Date - 19/09/11

Weight - 14 stone (well just under)

Bmi - 26.37

Target date 15/12/11

Weight - 13 stones

Bmi - 24?

According to the wii fit I need to loose 2 lb every 2 weeks to achieve my target. +++

Mate, BMI is a load of bollox - it's a useless measurement. Try and find some scales to measure your body fat content - that's mucn more meaningful +++

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought as much.

I have an uncomfortable feeling the scales I bought only do the calculations for body fat etc within, ahem, certain parameters. :uhoh:

(Either that or my feet don't conduct...)

And yes I've even swapped the scales for a new set in case they were faulty... :P

Have you tried taking your socks and shoes off? :P

I am trying to go caffeine free during the week as of this week, following posts on here.

I slept better last night than I have for ages, even though I only normally drink caffeine in the mornings. Also no acid indegestion last night, which is a constant pain in the ar5e for me.

Hmmmm........interesting. Will see how it goes through the week.

I have been reading this thread and the other one and I downloaded the couch to 5k app for my BB and had my first run last night.

I am pretty unfit as I had surgery on my ankle in July and was in a cast or walking boot until 3 weeks ago. I am going to take it slowly and see how I go.

My goal is to build up the strength in my ankle and get some general fitness so I can get back to the squash league.

Watch this space +++

I love squash as it suits my lifestyle perfectly +++

Only takes 40 mins to an hour, gives me a damn good workout and I can play in the evening or when it is raining. I tend to play at 8pm so have finshed work and helped get the kids into bed. It also only needs 1 other person so much easier to arrange than football etc.

Only problem is it is pretty hard on the joints as I found out earlier this year when I made a mess of my ankle :(

m4ttm4son - I didnt say I was very good either, just very competitive and there are 5 or 6 lads in my local league that are of a similar level to me so we always have a good game.

I have a few friends that play non-competitively (well as far as that word goes between men) and I played a few times. They are all at a far superior level to me and under normal circumstances that is the best way to get better, but sometimes if I'm not good at something I don't have any drive to get better, just give up instead.

Running suits me time wise and the target setting is just based on a few parameters which are easily defined +++

If I could find a football team to join that fit in with my life I'd be sorted, but alas... :(

During the summer I started to hit the weights hard, my main goal was to put on muscle and size. At this time of year I always reach a cross roads between trying to be big and bulky without losing any pace and agility when it comes to football.

Unfortunately the two don't mix and I have had to adapt the weight routines to suite my current needs. It seems to be working as I although I have lost a little size I haven't lost the strength I have been building since March. Two clean sheets in the opening two games and two man of the match performances. I am finding I can bully the attackers and physically dominate them which is a great feeling.

I guess what I'm trying to say is we all want big guns and muscles to impress others, but being at a level that works for you and suits your needs is far more important than wanting to look good for posing sake. It just took me a while to figger that out.

I have been reading this thread and the other one and I downloaded the couch to 5k app for my BB and had my first run last night.

I am pretty unfit as I had surgery on my ankle in July and was in a cast or walking boot until 3 weeks ago. I am going to take it slowly and see how I go.

My goal is to build up the strength in my ankle and get some general fitness so I can get back to the squash league.

Watch this space +++

I had my second run this morning and to add some geekery to it, I downloaded sanoodi Smaps for the BB so can now track distance, any hills and average/max speed. Gives me a target to try and get a bit further each time +++

I had my second run this morning and to add some geekery to it, I downloaded sanoodi Smaps for the BB so can now track distance, any hills and average/max speed. Gives me a target to try and get a bit further each time +++

Geeky graphs and stats FTW +++

There's plenty more geek stuff you can get if you continue to get into it :grin: I find it really helps my motivation.

• 1 month later...

My fast, tasty and healthy salad nicoise:

Iceberg lettuce (torn quite small)

Diced cucumber

Chopped string beans

Mix with a little Puttanesca mix (black olives/anchovies/capers/olive oil)

Large tin of tuna

Shelled Mussels (i do the ones in garlic sauce in the microwave and shell them)

Sliced Boiled egg (warm with slightly runny yoke)

Construct your dinner however you like it.

It should take max 15 mins and is dee-licouss!

The secret additions are the warm shelled mussels and Puttanesca mix (which you get in a jar.....but you don't need too much.

+++

I do a similar salad now an again for my packed lunches at work but without the beans (because I can't stand them) and using olives, anchovies and capers rather than the mix you have (because I've never seen it, but I might take a look). I tend to leave the oil out as the anchovies are pretty oily. Never thought to add mussels - now that is a good idea! Oh and I tend to add a small amount of extra low fat mayo to the tuna to a bit of moisture.

In fact, I might have that tomorrow :D

13 stone 2 1/2 lbs this am. That's a drop of 1 1/4 lb. Tbh I've eaten well this week but also done quite a bit more excercise. So hoping that the excercise is doing some of the weight loss now. Btw, those lunges are real killers Mook. My legs are stiff which surprised me as I do a fair bit of mtb. Obviously different muscles! All going well still though.