Summary of days of test drives and final choice...

NewNiceMrMe

I ruled out the Z4 on the basis if you wanted a fun non-practicle car then you'd be comparing it against other fun non-practicle cars rather than barges!

Sounds like you'll have a fun summer .... when if it ever arrives!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must admit I wouldn't put you in a Z4! I kind of have those down with the S2000s and the like, but am probably wrong, never paid them much attention +++

There's so little difference now between the performance editions (I.e. M3) and just the 'fast' editions are there?

I think the Z4 sDrive 35i has 90% of the performance, is far better looking and I've never owned one. Until now.

It managed to engage me straight away and I was surprised at the standard of the cabin, the comfort of the ride and the silkiness and pull of that twin turbo 3 litre engine. We don't need another practical car, so feck it. I'll enjoy driving it so it won the day.

The fact I managed to get a car just under 2 years old, with a mere 5,000 miles on the clock is a bonus. One summer-only female owner who had a Range Rover Vogue for the rest of the year. Add to that the fact I've given my car and £11k, and it was a no brainer.

Spec as follows:

BMW Z4 sDrive 35i

5,000 miles

Manual transmission

Black Sapphire Metallic

Coral Red Kansas Leather

Adaptive M suspension

Bluetooth phone prep and telematics

BMW Online thingy

Navigation system - Professional

DAB

Electric Folding mirrors

Anthracite headlining

19" V spoke light alloys

PDC front and rear

Seat heating

Extended lighting

Nice one.

WBALM72060E164182_01_DL_030611_7.jpg

Like the Z4's. Always surprised how few there are on the road given the good looks / performance etc. Nice choice.

I expect the wheels will have been refurbed...all 4 of them! Female owner, usually drives a RR etc etc = Recipe for refurb :)

Sounds like a cracking buy though - such low miles and 2 years old.

When do you get it?

I expected the hairdresser comments.:roflmao:

Luke, next time you need a quote....think of a high figure and add 30% for that comment.:roflmao:

I would have never envisaged myself buying a Z4. However, those with a knowledge of my long-gone cars will know that it isn't that strange a choice. I've had an MX-5 and an MGF VVC (for my sins in the last case, cos it was crap). The MX-5 was by far the best drivers car I've ever owned - and as soon as I got in the Z4 and started pushing it I had blasts from the past going through my memory. Naturally the Z4 has much more power than the MX-5 did and it doesn't feed back as much - but it was a superb car to put a smile on your face.

The car Chri5 has located is indeed the very car I've bought. I drove a 35i with a lower spec but that did have the adaptive M suspension that was the clincher for me. Anything I read said that the M suspension (an option when new) was a must have and transformed the car - so I was lucky to find one that had it with such low miles and all the other toys.

I don't need the additional seats, nor do I need the luggage space. MrsMe's car is far more capable than we could have ever anticipated, as both a performance barnstormer and a truck for lugging my new found DIY stuff around.:roflmao:

I can't really describe it - it just feels right. A remap takes the car from 306 to 360 bhp yet it already has ample and very impressive power - but I'll be getting that done pronto to add that little extra 'alarm' to the pull of the car. Sitting low down, looking over that long bonnet and with a superbly finished cabin wrapped around you, it just ticked all the boxes and all I needed to do was get a few owner responses and do my research online. All checked out very positively so that was that.

Plus, the deal was a no brainer in my opinion. With only 5,000 miles on the clock and the high spec it has, handing them £11k plus a 6 year old car wasn't something I needed to do a great deal more negotiating on. It helps that I always thought the Z4 looked fantastic - I just didn't appreciate just how well it performed in 35i guise.

I pick it up on Wednesday.

Edited by MrMe

Don't knock 'em, til you've tried them Mac :P

I wasn't knocking them in the slightest - you've misunderstood my point or I've put it badly. I meant I'd never really looked or thought about them before +++

Looks ace in that colour though - bonnet looks mahoosive!

Lovely motor...and an amazing spec...I hope you enjopy it....In these days of sensible diesel motors it`s good to see someone buying a car with their heart rather than taking the ever so boring head route.....Having said that...given your circumstances it appears you can justify buying the Z4 with both your head and heart.+++

Edited by Mr Man

Can I book you for a sack crack and back on Thursday?

£1,500 (plus VAT) (and travel costs at £5.00 per mile). :roflmao:

The bonnet is long and one of my favourite features of the car. Sitting low down in it you can't really see much of it - it just disappears off into the distance. PDC front and rear will be useful for that (that said I'm not sure anyone would really need the rear sensors!).

The car Chri5 has located is indeed the very car I've bought.

I'd best watch out, I'm starting to look like Ian C's apprentice.

I did think (for a nano second) that maybe I shouldn't have show boated your new toy. There's no reg on it, so even if it might not seem like it- I did show some discretion.

Testament to your skills of negotiation, when you look at the part ex and cost of purchase- no way should the 6 be valued at xyz, then again maybe the show room price (in August) of a 2 seater open top was a tad over book.

I bet you have some fun with it, surprised you didn't go for this colour

LO11WKR_01_pf_080711_1.jpg