Help Me Choose

nordberg

The Estoril blue looks fabulous.

Ludicrous though it is, the 19" tyres on the rear of my 520d are £306 each.  The fronts are £242.  So for a full set, £1,116. 

I know because I had a flat after 2,000 miles and BMW tried to charge £475 fitted - for a single tyre.  Needless to say that didn't happen (I paid the £306 for the same tyre at a place quite literally just up the road from them!).

Tyre prices seem to be rocketing.

Edited by NewNiceMrMe
  • Like 1

Just read through the whole thread in my lunchbreak, the only thing I would add is that if you have small children and your carting pushchairs around and everthing else that goes with them, espically on holidays, you can never have a big enough boot.

Indeed... We're just at the stage where push chairs are pretty much redundant - thank the lord.... It's a tricky one; Do you buy a car based on 90% of it's usage (me alone), or do you base your choice on the other 10% (with kids, wife and gubbins) ?

Base it on the 90%.

That way, when you can't fit everything in on the 10%, you'll realise that it's mostly all tat that you don't actually need or use anyway.

I always pîss myself laughing when meeting up with mates with kids of similar ages to ours, they stack the car full of all sorts of 'essential' stuff, most of which won't get touched.

Edited by Tipex
  • Like 1

Just hope it doesn't snow now......

Don't believe what you read.  Half of it is from people that should apply for jobs at the Daily Express. +++

Just drive carefully and appropriately.  If the weather gets really bad, those with winter tyres will only be sat behind those without them anyway.... :grin:

• Like 1

Did you get the complimentary X Drive upgrade?

That doesn't actually exist. They are pushing them, but not quite giving them away as I was originally told.

I could have had it for an extra £20 p/mth but, on balance, I decided against it. I drove a 3 series Xdrive and it didn't feel anywhere near as nice as the RWD. Plus, economy takes quite a hit - and that's one of the main reasons I opted for the BMW rather than some of the other candidates.....

Yeh, I was disappointed. If it had have been a freebie, I would have most likely have gone for it for the sake of residuals (not to mention helping me out of the bottom of my hill in the snow!). My budget went out of the window as it was. I was tempted by the Professional Media but it would have meant missing out on the auto 'box, which I wasn't prepared to do. Also tempted by the 19in alloys, but I would have had to drop metallic for those.

I hope I've made the right decision! Frustratingly, I seem to have been passed by every A6 Avant Black Edition in the country over the past couple of days and they still catch my eye and make me wonder....Thankfully, I parked up next to a 320i today with the same colour, wheels and glass as mine and it did bring a smile to my face! Hope I don't live to regret the beige interior choice though.....

Edited by nordberg

I've dark grey/black leather for the past 3 years and I see all the grubby hand marks etc from the kiddies, and they always seem to be white.... Made me think that beige might actually hide more than it shows.... Not so sure with the muddy foot prints though :roflmao:

The black interior was just too gloomy. There was no contrast at all. Just BLACK.