Network Printers?

DanG

We need two black and white laser jet printers that can be networked, i.e. have an ethernet port. Each printer will be used by 5 people max.

Bit out of my depth on this, so any ideas appreciated.

Fundamentally they need to be cheap, we have an A3 colour printer at the moment where the cartridges are £800 a set and everyone is using this for daily printing.

Looked at the wireless HP P1102 models which I have at home, but the connectivity is shaky at best so want something wired.

Cheers!

I've got a cheap laser at home that connects into my NAS drive (via USB) which acts as a print server, media server, cloud server. etc

Sorted. I'm not suggesting this is your solution just pointing out that you are forced into having a network enabled printer.

Do you have a server/PC that's always on? Could that not be your printer server?

Of course networked printers and IP direct printing works fine but you may find this more expensive for your small set up.

Well a P1102 should last about 6 months if being used by 5 users!! We are HP partners Dan so if you want some more help drop me an email at [email protected]. We sell new and refurbished kit. I'm just off down the pub so will pick it up Monday! :)

We can talk toners too. I know, I know, its all ever so exciting...

Not liking to end this thread here, but you guys want to check out the new OfficeJet Pro X476/576. up to 70 pages per minute from an inkjet with £70 ink cartridges doing 6000 prints. Cheaper than lasers now.