The new steed..

CJ92

Mine is now on the official winter package from BMW. It's a 205 section square set up and it makes it quite interesting to drive. Great fun though.

I will be running with Conti TS810 in 225/45 R17 on oem steelies,7.5 x 17EH2 all round.

Paid £400 for the steelies which are brand spanking new with the tyres +

£28 delivery with www.paisleyfreight.com

I do love a bargain.. ;)

I will be running with Conti TS810 in 225/45 R17 on oem steelies,7.5 x 17EH2 all round.

Paid £400 for the steelies which are brand spanking new with the tyres +

£28 delivery with www.paisleyfreight.com

I do love a bargain.. ;)

£400 for the whole lot, brand new?  If so that is indeed an absolute bargain!   +++

Mums steelies were £30 each new from a main dealer!  Only 15s

edit spelling!

Edited by Ian_C

£400 for the whole lot, brand new?  If so that is indeed an absolute bargain!   +++

Mums steelies were £30 each new from a main dealer!  Only 15s

edit spelling!

In fairness the tyres are 'used' but still with good tread.Guy on babybmw was selling them,

as he had chopped his four month old M135i in for a 1M.. :grin:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Winter?  What winter was that then? :roflmao:;)

Just wanted to try them out really, so put them on the end of January until the beginning of March.Gave me a chance to clean and seal the 436 style alloys, and give the hubs a good coating of copper grease.

Was impressed with the conti winter contacts on wet muddy country roads..

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Had an N55 135i prior to the AW M135i which I really enjoyed, but it really did confirm that I needed the added practicallity of a Hatch.

The M135i really ticks all the boxes for me and imo is really great value for money. Mines booked into my local dealer wednesday to have the MPE fitted..

• Like 1

Congrats on the MLite it really is a belter. :)

Are you running on the Michelin Super Sports they really do enhance the car.

I have gone with the 8speed auto this time, and have to say I love it.

Have you posted any pics.. +++

I bought the one off Max_B's brother that was advertised on here a little while back.

As much of a belter this little monstrosity is, I don't think I'm going to own it long which is unusual as I tend to spend a few years in my cars once I change. Simple reason is it scares the living shiite out of me and I've visualised myself too many times going sideways into a hedge. Without mentioning names, there are a few on here who enjoy that but I don't :P  :grin:

I like fast cars but am not really happy being in them when they are too fast. Weird! :secret:
  • Like 1

Nnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Really nice example you have there and I would say stick with it, at least through the summer. What tyres and pressures are you running as this can make the car feel a little skittish when on it.

I would think coming from your two previous R32's the MLite is going to feel some what wayward, but do try and stick with it. As already said this is my second one and I really do love it, its my everyday car regardless. Not once have I ever felt concerned that I'm not in control. Makes me wonder if yours has Rflt's fitted, as they will definitely make the car feel as you describe. The michelin pilot sports really do transform ride and handling.. +++

• Like 1

The car is dangerous!! Fact :P

CJ

I'll have a look at the tyre type/setup when I get home tonight and let you know. Maybe that might be the problem. Still very fast for my liking though. Foot down and whoosh. I start thinking. This is too much. :o

I wonder how people cope with much more powerful cars and feel at ease. Its insane!

• Like 1

It's a car that takes time to understand. The slightly loose bushes at the rear feel disconcerting at first but give a suppleness that allows stunning A to B pace. Traction is an issue, but you end up driving it like a Honda MotoGP bike in that you square up corners as much as possible and straighten out the traction zones.

• Like 2