Me and CarMad know where it's at. (So does MrMe)

AudiPartner

By the way, I know someone who's currently restoring one to race in historic touring series. Original Daily Express livery and all.

Ask him if he wants a light weight glassfibre boot lid for it, i've still got one in the shed off my old supercharged V8 SD1, he can have it for £50 if he wants it.

• Like 1

Bugger, it'll end up on Ebay if I ever get around to listing it, i'll get an easy £100 for it, but it would have saved me a whole lot of hassle if he'd wanted it.

It still amazes me how heavy a proper SD1 bootlid is, they feel like they are made from lead when you take off the gas struts!

• Like 1

Given the build quality out of the factory, sheer weight was probably the only thing that kept them shut. :P

Indeed, didn't stop them leaking though! shame really, so many neat design touches, and driving it was like wafting down the road on a super comfy sofa at warp factor nine!

Edited by Tipex

Oh yeah, don't they have that funny colapsed wheel under the front luggage compartment?!  You have to pump it up before putting it on?

Yep, and a top tip is to fit it with a valve dust cap that has those little prongs to let you take the valve out easily, because that is the only way to get the damn thing to deflate enough to put it back in the cubbyhole :ffs:

Yep, and a top tip is to fit it with a valve dust cap that has those little prongs to let you take the valve out easily, because that is the only way to get the damn thing to deflate enough to put it back in the cubbyhole :ffs:

One of those near impossible puzzles like trying to get an Audi jack back in its box?

• Like 1